Peter Ravenhill and the Foot-Tappers.

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Peter Ravenhill and the Foot-Tappers.

Postby stickyplectrum » Sun May 02, 2010 4:21 pm

HI All,
Last Friday, April 30th, I organised a charity concert for the Mayor of Bourne, councillor Trevor Holmes,to mark the end of his year as mayor. We had Damion and the Foot-Tappers to do the gig. I play at The Fenland Shadows Club at Wisbech, at the last meeting a young player named Peter Ravenhill,11 years old, impressed me a lot.I thought it might be for good for him to play a number with the Foot-Tappers as he is mildly autistic and his mum says "playing his guitar is the only thing that keeps him still". I had word with Steve and he said it was o.k. with him if the lads agreed. Daniel was a little apprehensive at first and asked to meet Peter backstage so I took him along. After meeting him Daniel was alright with it.I took along one of my guitars for him to use and he had never seen it let alone play it. Up to this point Peter had no idea he was going on stage. His mum has posted the result on u-tube. the link is below. For the expensive guitar fans the one he is playing I purchased brand new from Live Music in Peterborough for the princely sum of £129 it is a srat copy called a LI-MO. I "doctored" it a bit, new logo, new pick-ups, Pearloids £29 the set from Axesrus in Hull , a roll off kit £3.99 from the same place and a push- pull pot from Allparts £8.99 total £170.98. The push pull- pot was not in use in this number. Peter was playing through Daniel's Pinnacle amp and Quadraverb 20, no TVS they don't own one.Steve Jackson does a brilliant job with the sound. The new bass player,Adrian Fountain fits in well and is a smashing chap. A very good night was had by All.
Eddie,
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cymCuMOqAXQ
stickyplectrum

Re: Peter Ravenhill and the Foot-Tappers.

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sun May 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Great stuff. :thumbup:
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby neil2726 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Wow dont these young guys make you sick! Our Music is in safe hands for years to come. And it shows you dont need a Custom Shop Strat to achieve a very good sound! Well done Peter and the boys! :D
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby JohnBassist » Sun May 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Very well done by young Peter... and very well done The Foottappers for encouraging him like that.
JohnBassist

Postby Arpeggio » Sun May 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Bravo young Peter! An excellent performance. Bravo to - the Foottappers for allowing him to play, encouraging him and backing him splendidly. Stage - fright for the youngster - not a bit of it!! Wonderful.

Rob :D
Arpeggio

Postby Mikey » Sun May 02, 2010 9:19 pm

This is what it's all about, isn't it?
It gave me a warm glow watching and listening to that young man. And as for his choice of music...impeccable!
Mikey

Postby roninnes » Sun May 02, 2010 9:51 pm

Superb , superb, superb.
Peter shows real talent and the Foot-Tappers are to be commended for doing this kindness.
Well done Eddie for arranging this event.
I am sending you a pm

Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby Paulps » Mon May 03, 2010 10:57 am

Look out Daniel, Peter might replace you!!! :twisted:
Excellent playing and only 11. I'm ?? and can't play that well!! :oops:
Paulps

Postby noelford » Mon May 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks to all concerned for this. It really is great to know that that our music is being loved and performed, not just by us oldies, but by talented youngsters like Peter. Well done that man!
noelford

Return to The Shadows