Postby JohnBassist » Tue May 18, 2010 11:13 am

Very well put, Justin, and absolutely right on the point. :clap:

John
JohnBassist

Re: The Shadowers (featuring ALAN JONES) performing in Usk

Postby Dave54 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:36 pm

[quote][/quote]Pedro wrote:
And to ian I would say.....

I would not employ a publicist. I would leave the the recommendations for others, that way there is some credibility in them. From what I am reading this player has an ego rarely found elsewhere. The fact is he is not HBM and never will be. A good playeer ....sure and what is wrong in being happy with that.
There was much criticism of the band 'The Fabulous Shadows' and rightly so. The Shadowers is just as close but somehow gets under the radar. I have only seen one of these tribute bands and that was at a Jet Harris concert some years ago at the Floral Pavilion, New Brighton. I thought Jet was embarassing but the backing band, The Rapiers were very good...that's all leave it like that. I find it difficult to comprehend why anyone would want to morph into someone they are not in the visual sense. Play the music. Don't expect the same response as the REAL thing because NOBODY will be another HBM.)

Cliff & The Shadows have recently finished their final tour, so we may not get to see The Shadows as a group again. You want a recommendation? Go & see The Shadowers, Justin is a smashing young man AND a very fine guitar player, and the other 4 were very good as well!!!!!!!!!

And to Justin, keep advertising on here, I would have missed last Friday otherwise.

Dave
Dave54

Full Real Name: David Jones

Postby Pedro » Tue May 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Dave54 wrote:
Pedro wrote:
And to ian I would say.....

I would not employ a publicist. I would leave the the recommendations for others, that way there is some credibility in them. From what I am reading this player has an ego rarely found elsewhere. The fact is he is not HBM and never will be. A good playeer ....sure and what is wrong in being happy with that.
There was much criticism of the band 'The Fabulous Shadows' and rightly so. The Shadowers is just as close but somehow gets under the radar. I have only seen one of these tribute bands and that was at a Jet Harris concert some years ago at the Floral Pavilion, New Brighton. I thought Jet was embarassing but the backing band, The Rapiers were very good...that's all leave it like that. I find it difficult to comprehend why anyone would want to morph into someone they are not in the visual sense. Play the music. Don't expect the same response as the REAL thing because NOBODY will be another HBM.)

Cliff & The Shadows have recently finished their final tour, so we may not get to see The Shadows as a group again. You want a recommendation? Go & see The Shadowers, Justin is a smashing young man AND a very fine guitar player, and the other 4 were very good as well!!!!!!!!!

And to Justin, keep advertising on here, I would have missed last Friday otherwise.

Dave

Ahh! So your the publicist or a relative!
Pedro

Postby dave robinson » Tue May 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Pedro, in my carefully considered opinion as a moderator here, I reckon that your whinging and negative comments have more than 'run their course', so please, can we not have anymore negativity around this thread?

I live in hope that one day, maybe just once, you will add something of value that is worth reading around here. Have a nice day. :|
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby des mcneill » Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Have to agree,Dave. This person just never misses the opportunity to slag off Jet at this show he went to,it has been mentioned several times and bears no relevance to the rest of the thread. On another thread recently he compared Alan Jones unfavourabley to Mark Griffiths,a senseless comparison since they are both superb bass players and should be above this sort of silly comment. I have no problem with the "Shadowers" name,there can be no confusion in anyone's mind although I can easily understand many people could be jealous because they are so good,they have the most authentic "live"early Shads sound.
Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Postby John Boyd » Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Greetings from Downunder,
I think that, apart from recognising the considerable talents of the Shadowers, this thread has run its course.
Fifty years ago, when I was introduced to the wonderful world of instrumental music, our little band promoted its own gigs as a way to come to
the attention of music lovers with similar interests. No cries of 'foul' then! To me, its quite legitimate.
After watching many videos of their performances on Youtube (not their own postings I hasten to add) may I predict that they will achieve considerable success in keeping the music we all love, alive.
All power to them.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby kittycph » Tue May 18, 2010 10:15 pm

I really don't understand, what the problem with selfpromotion is. The best example is Muhammad Ali. "I am the greatest".
Justin has only repeated, what other people had said about The Shadowers.
And no Pedro, I'm not a relative or a publicist. I'm just a listener, who can recognize excellent playing, when I hear it.
The Shadowers are good, and I expect them to come on tour in Denmark sometime in the future. I'll be in place then.
It could be a great success.
kittycph

Postby Steve Parish » Wed May 19, 2010 12:07 am

I saw the Shadowers playing live in my home town Banbury... they were absolutely superb, each and every one of them. The venue was packed and STAYED packed... this being a venue that I know has metal/punk 'tendencies'. They certainly won that crowd over that night without a doubt! Sorry, not a promoter... just a keen fan and admirer!
Steve
Steve Parish

Postby Amanda » Wed May 19, 2010 10:30 am

Hi,

Being a friend (I hope!) ;) of Justin's I was going to add comments,
but it's all been said above!

I have to admit that the first time I saw Justin playing with the Foottappers
a couple of years ago I thought "What a poseur!"

Before before I get jumped on by Irate Justin fans, having got to know Justin, and
had some laughs with him at the Hankies (Malcolm!!)
my opinion of him is changed. Having seen him preparing for a gig twice now I know
how dedicated he is to what he is doing and I applaud him for that!

And I have to admit that my first opinion was wrong!

As Keith said Justin, hurry up and get a gig in the Midlands!!

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Previous

Return to The Shadows