Rapiers in musical

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Rapiers in musical

Postby StanfordTuck » Fri May 07, 2010 6:15 pm

High there,

has anybody information about a tour of the Rapiers, with a mock up Cliff in Holland.
In the season brochure of our local theatre in Capelle aan den IJssel, I saw to my surprise a photo of the Rapiers,
as part of a musical scene dated coming november.

Who knows more?

Cees
StanfordTuck

Full Real Name: Cees van Gent

Re: Rapiers in musical

Postby Arpeggio » Fri May 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Well - if it's in theatre brochures then i guess it's OK to reply here. Yes, I gather that there's a big promoter out in Holland who is planning to put together a tour of Dutch theatres to capitalise on the huge success of the Cliff Richard & the Shadows Reunion shows. Well - the real thing would be a tad expensive to hire. But......how about this? The Rapiers + Jimmy Jemaine. Quite honestly - Cliff / Shads apart - it's about as close as anyone could get. From the little I've heard - the projected tour will likely be mainly during October / November.

Bests....Rob :D
Arpeggio

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri May 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Is this why The Rapiers haven't committed to Shadowmania?
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Arpeggio » Fri May 07, 2010 7:22 pm

The Rapiers / Jimmy Jemaine shows will be a mix of Shads numbers and Cliff / Shads numbers - so it's not a musixal in the sense of "Cliff: The Musical". No cting - just out and out music. Maybe rehearsals or proposed rehearsals for the project may have meant that they couldn't commit to Shadowmania. I think (with the prospect of 50 potential shows) that it was an opportunity they simply coulldn't turn down.

Rob
Arpeggio

Postby neil2726 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Yeah you cant turn that kind of work down - good luck to the guys, but we shall miss them at Shadowmania!
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Return to The Shadows