NEXT WARWICK CLUB MEETING

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NEXT WARWICK CLUB MEETING

Postby ecca » Mon May 17, 2010 11:47 am

RayL wrote:
ecca wrote: a friendly wooded area popped up.
Ecca

When it came to choosing a tree, was it Alder, or Ash, or something more exotic?

Ray

The nearest.
ecca

Postby Stratpicker » Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 am

Its all them Crem De Menthe Shandies that you drink, Al !! :D
Many thanks to all at Warwick from Charles Campbell and me for a smashing time yesterday.
Lovely weather, great playing by all.
Grateful thanks to Ron Innes, Woody, Iain Purdon and all for helping with our "Live" numbers.
It must have been a good day - Rons wife, Angie didnt read her newspaper! :lol: (Boy do I know I'll get in trouble for that!)
cheers
ian and Charles
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon May 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Yes to the food! Not only the home team of wonderful women but Ange brought rock cakes! I only had 3.....
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby geronimo7476 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Thank you Ian for that, I did eventually get home to Dublin after a relatively short two hour delay!
I would also like to personally thank everyone at the Warwick club for making me feel like I belong! I can honestly say that I thouroughly enjoyed playing with and listening to, a bunch of real 'pros' It's like playing with 'them!!!!' (Wish you were all here!!)
I want to thank Ian '6C' Plant for not only looking after me and riding me round to the meeting and the Charity Concert the night before but for letting me use his Strat as well! And Val for the warm hospitality and food, Thankyou!
It was also good to see everyone again and hope that I get this same opportunity again one day.

All the best, Cheers CC
geronimo7476

Postby roninnes » Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Rock cakes are a must if I visit and yes the newspaper was not read, too busy talking !!! Also the music was very good.
Ange
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby geronimo7476 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 am

BTW!! What a pleasure to play with a drummer that plays like a gentleman, not knocking seven kinds of you know wot out of an important part of the music creation process, Wot a band!!
Cheers CC
geronimo7476

Postby roninnes » Tue May 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Charles,
Thank you for the compliment, when my father taught me to play at the tender age of 16 he insisted I "played" the drums not hit them.
It has always stuck with me and when you are as big a fan of BB as I am and have watched him over the years it is proven time and time again that you get a better sound when they are played.
One of the things I enjoy most is to pick up the nuances of the tune through the drums.
I do hope we get the opportunity to play as a "Band" again.

Regards

Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby geronimo7476 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:55 pm

My pleasure, I really enjoyed playing with a class band, It makes everyone's playing so much easier and sweeter sounding. I too hope I get the opportunity to do it again, and I believe it will happen.
Cheers CC
geronimo7476

Previous

Return to The Shadows