FIESTA RED/FLAMINGO PINK!!!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

FIESTA RED/FLAMINGO PINK!!!

Postby geronimo7476 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi all, here's a little light hearted banter! I first saw the Shadows in The Alhambra Theatre in CapeTown in 1961. My dad took me, knowing that I was nuts about them and made sure we were sat in the middle of the front row. My 15 year old ears were forever converted into Shadow music recepticals and my eyes were indelibly inscribed with the colour of the three matching fenders! Pink? Red? I didn't know! Almost flourescent, mystical, magical, certainly hypnotic!
I could never forget the new sound, the screaming of new fans, and those flaming guitars. It was all of three long years later that I started working and the first thing I bought on HP was a real Fiesta Red Fender Stratocaster. It was immaculate, the colour was perfect, I would know it anywhere.
Of course being young and pretty reckless at the time, it was swopped or sold for something better, this still goes on, (with all of us)
So getting back to reality. I spent the last weekend staying with Ian and Val in Perton, played at a concert on Saturday then at Warwick on Sunday. I Saw loads of Pink/Red guitars, more than I'd seen in a long time. It can get confusing as they're never all the same colour really!
Then on Monday morning after a great weekend, I boarded a bus to head for the station. This is when it happened! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! A kaleidoscope of poles, fittings and hand rails, all painted in the most amazing shade of whatever you or anybody wants to call it, Fiesta, Flamingo, Salmon, It didn't matter! I was riding in a bus and all I could think was,"This is it", why didn't Bruce just catch a bus, he would surely have known that the bus company had the secret all the time!!! This was the colour I saw burning from that stage all those years ago!!
Now, I don't know if this is all over the UK but, if not, It's surely worth a trip to Perton on the 501
Has anyone else any nostalgic nutty stories of interest??
Cheers )) :shock:
geronimo7476

Re: FIESTA RED/FLAMINGO PINK!!!

Postby keithmantle » Wed May 19, 2010 10:45 am

Listening to the Shads while watching the lunchtime test card on TV 63/64, Midnight was my favorite, Keith (an old Pertonian Tasman Grove)
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Return to The Shadows