The Shadows "The Final Tour" on Blu-Ray

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

The Shadows "The Final Tour" on Blu-Ray

Postby iefje » Wed May 19, 2010 7:59 am

I have just seen in a newsletter from 991.com that The Shadows' "The Final Tour" will be released on Blu-Ray format on Monday, May the 24th 2010.

http://991.com/Buy/ProductInformation.aspx?StockNumber=508537&from=991_AG07D271-Wed
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: The Shadows "The Final Tour" on Blu-Ray

Postby Twangaway » Wed May 19, 2010 8:39 am

A word of caution

Not to put dampers on it, I would check out if it is truly a PAL region 2.I read somewhere that EMI have released PAL Region 2 eg David Gilmour Live at The Albert Hall, when in fact it is an NTSC Video and even EMI did not know that and failed to release a true PAL version, all discs sleeves clearly state PAL even disc printing and it is isn't. Sso lesson learnt is that retailers won't have a clue either. Not sure what is going on at EMI but I would be peeved when I buy mine and find it is also NTSC.

David
Twangaway

Postby Didier » Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 am

It's already on pre-order at Amazon UK : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shadows-Final-T ... 714&sr=1-1
Not yet annouced at Leo's Den, but will cerainly be available there too.

It's not known if the content is excatly the same as on the DVD, or if some bonuses have been added.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Didier » Wed May 19, 2010 8:53 am

Twangaway wrote:A word of caution

Not to put dampers on it, I would check out if it is truly a PAL region 2.I read somewhere that EMI have released PAL Region 2 eg David Gilmour Live at The Albert Hall, when in fact it is an NTSC Video and even EMI did not know that and failed to release a true PAL version, all discs sleeves clearly state PAL even disc printing and it is isn't. Sso lesson learnt is that retailers won't have a clue either. Not sure what is going on at EMI but I would be peeved when I buy mine and find it is also NTSC.

David

According to Amazon UK, it's PAL.
There is not such a big market for the Shadows in North America to have it released there in the first place.

The Blu Ray region system is not the same as for DVDs, it's region A for North America, region B for western Europe.

Didier
Didier

Postby Twangaway » Wed May 19, 2010 9:12 am

Didier wrote:
Twangaway wrote:A word of caution

David

According to Amazon UK, it's PAL.
There is not such a big market for the Shadows in North America to have it released there in the first place.

The Blu Ray region system is not the same as for DVDs, it's region A for North America, region B for western Europe.

Didier

Sorry Didier, I meant to say Region B not region 2. All the same. The example of Gilmour Bluray quoted is not as stated and printed as Region B and PAL.
So regardless of what AMAZON say, they are not in control of the productions and released spec, so hence my word of caution.

IF EMI DID NOT KNOW THEN CERTAINLY AMAZON WOULD NOT KNOW So what I am saying is that whatever the marketing plans may or may not be, the production fiasco was the end result an NTSC disc in PAL region B packaging. Check it out as it breaches trades description law in the UK. :)
Twangaway

Postby bgohara » Fri May 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Ordered this on HMV on Wednesday and it came today - superb service.
Play.com seem to have it cheapest though at £10.99

Just put it on the player - picture is superb as you would expect. They've done three audio mixes - 1) linear 2)dolby 5.1 3) HD DTS

Content is the same as the original DVD - with the Final Tour Interview.

Well worth getting. I'm glad they saw enough of a market to issue this on Bluray - here's hoping the Cliff & Shadows Final Reunion gets the same treatment.

Bernie
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby Twangaway » Fri May 21, 2010 6:56 pm

At that price I am ordering mine tonight, so thanks for the link and price search. :) Now for the 2010 Cliff and Shadows one as next purchase

David
Twangaway

Postby Didier » Fri May 21, 2010 8:36 pm

bgohara wrote:Just put it on the player - picture is superb as you would expect. They've done three audio mixes - 1) linear 2)dolby 5.1 3) HD DTS

Great !
I am just missing a Blu Ray player and an HD TV, otherwise I would imediatly order it !

Didier
Didier

Postby bgohara » Sun May 23, 2010 3:11 pm

fair enough, Didier - I forgot to mention these two essential pieces of kit!
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby Twangaway » Sun May 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Mine has been ordered now, absolute bargain !

Thanks all
Twangaway

Next

Return to The Shadows