Jeff Beck on Breakfast TV BBC1 at 9.00 am - OT

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Jeff Beck on Breakfast TV BBC1 at 9.00 am - OT

Postby Twangaway » Sat May 22, 2010 8:57 am

I'm going to download that clip to try it on my mate :)
Twangaway

Postby shadowhunters » Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 am

i cant beleive i missed that! i'm so annoyed :x Jeff Beck is my favourite guitarist :!: I'm getting the Ronnie Scot's Jazz Club DVD aswell off amazon, so happy days for that :D could you tell me was it good :?:
shadowhunters

Postby JimN » Sun May 23, 2010 12:12 pm

shadowhunters wrote:i cant beleive i missed that! i'm so annoyed :x Jeff Beck is my favourite guitarist :!: I'm getting the Ronnie Scot's Jazz Club DVD aswell off amazon, so happy days for that :D could you tell me was it good :?:

Isn't the Jools Holland show available on the BBC iPlayer application?

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Alan Taylor » Sun May 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Jeff seemed happier with his performance on the Friday broadcast.

Alan
Alan Taylor

Full Real Name: Alan Taylor

Postby roger bayliss » Sun May 23, 2010 3:06 pm

shadowhunters wrote:i cant beleive i missed that! i'm so annoyed :x Jeff Beck is my favourite guitarist :!: I'm getting the Ronnie Scot's Jazz Club DVD aswell off amazon, so happy days for that :D could you tell me was it good :?:

It's a favourite of mine I must have watched that more than any other music DVD I own I think it shows JB in his best and the whole band shines... :)
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Twangaway » Sun May 23, 2010 3:17 pm

I couldn't find it last Friday, and am annoyed I missed the extended show, ended up watching in a 10 minute highlight on HD which featured Steve Martin and Sea sick Steve also a favorite of mine, which is where the Friday night one usually is, so no idea what happened or if they switched channels. Is it on iplayer ?
Twangaway

Postby cockroach » Mon May 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Funny thing...back in the '60's, here in Australia, for some reason, I had heard Jeff Beck on records well before I finally heard Clapton, and when Cream came out, I thought "Well, compared with Beck, and Hendrix, who had also just bobbed up, what's all this fuss about 'Clapton is God?"

I always thought that for white chaps playing blues, or something similar, people like Peter Green, Mike Bloomfield and Paul Kossoff did it better for me...(was it a coincidence that these three were all Jewish chaps? Not being offensive here by the way) And why bother with Eric, Stevie Ray Vaughn and other 'blooze' guitarists, when you could hear BB, Albert and Freddie King, Buddy Guy and others from whom the Erics and Stevies pinched a lot of their licks and sounds?

Jeff Beck on the other hand seemed to me to take the blues stuff and hotrodded it up with his own weird sense of fun and style..and imagination. He's still a big fave to me since the Yardbirds. To me, Jimmy Page seemed to try to do what Jeff has done, but not as well...

I also have that DVD of Jeff at Ronnie Scott's, and to me, he absolutely left Eric in the shade.
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby shadowhunters » Sat May 29, 2010 11:31 pm

It's all good i just watched it on BBC I-player, (what a genius.) He didnt seem to happy about it though, i thought it was very good, wat about you's??
shadowhunters

Postby shadowhunters » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:04 pm

hi everyone, i have watched the DVD of Jeff Beck performing at Ronnie Scotts Jazz Club, extraordinary! Tal Wikenfeld (bassist) is very, very good, I recommened this dvd very highly! :)
shadowhunters

Postby dave robinson » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm surprised that nobody has spotted Brian Bennett and Ed Bicknell (Knopflers manager and Knotting Hillbillies drummer) in the audience at Ronnie Scotts at the Jeff beck gig. :o
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows