Live At Knebworth: Deluxe Edition

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Live At Knebworth: Deluxe Edition

Postby Twangaway » Wed May 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Not heard of this one, what was the Shadows contribution as I must have missed it on tellie. Worth getting perhaps, as I don;t normally like the sound on open air gigs.
Twangaway

Postby Sleepwalker63 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:23 pm

The only tracks featuring Cliff and The Shadows on the double album were (are) 'On The Beach' and 'Do You Wanna Dance'

This re-release is to mark 20 years since the concert.

Richard.
Sleepwalker63

Postby Twangaway » Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks, so they are not on the DVD only on the CD ?
Twangaway

Postby Fenderman » Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 pm

I managed to record the whole concert off the radio back in 1990 (along with a Bruce Welch and Cliff Richard interview). I'm going to transfer it to CD soon.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby Alan Taylor » Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 pm

While the 2010 CD has just the usual two Cliff/Shads tracks, on Amazon the 2006 DVD version lists three :
- On the beach
- Good golly Miss Molly
- We don’t talk anymore

Alan
Alan Taylor

Full Real Name: Alan Taylor

Postby iefje » Fri May 21, 2010 9:48 am

What I found annoying about the first 2 DVD set, a couple of years back, is that all performances from the artists that had appeared on the original three VHS videos were present, except the five by our heroes. "Do You Wanna Dance" and "Living Doll" were absent on the 2 DVD set.
I actually have some unreleased footage of the Knebworth performance: "The Young Ones", "In The Country" and "It'll Be Me" in full and "Summer Holiday" and a Cliff interview in part. The quality is not that good, because of multiple VHS transfers, I guess.
What would be great is an isolated DVD of just the complete 13-track set by Cliff Richard & The Shadows, but I guess it will remain a dream. It also seems that the complete 20th, 25th and 30th anniversary concerts of Cliff Richard & The Shadows will never be issued on DVD. If the 20th and 25th anniversaries will ever be issued on DVD, they will probably just be the versions as issued on VHS and Betamax video previously.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Didier » Fri May 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Alan Taylor wrote:While the 2010 CD has just the usual two Cliff/Shads tracks, on Amazon the 2006 DVD version lists three :
- On the beach
- Good golly Miss Molly
- We don’t talk anymore
Alan

Very long ago I borrowed both the laserdisc version recording of the Knebworth concert (a three discs set) and a laserdisc player. There was three tunes by Cliff & the Shadows, but they were not the same as on the DVD, as there was a version of "Living doll". I must still have a VHS copy of this tune somewhere...
Among the other tunes, I don't remember which one is on the DVD and wasn't on the laserdisc (probably Good golly Miss Molly).

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Fenderman » Fri May 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Just to ask, did the Shadows do their own set when they appeared with Cliff at Wembley in 1989 or did they just back Cliff? (I've never saw the concert).
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby damart » Sat May 22, 2010 12:38 am

I think The Shadows did their own set at Wembley in 1989, but at Knebworth in 1990 they just played with Cliff.....DPM
damart

Return to The Shadows