Scarborough Gala Saturday and Sunday Pictures

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Scarborough Gala Saturday and Sunday Pictures

Postby Rich Cowling » Sat May 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Just to say congatulations Ian on the new venue great parking, food and drink,.... posted a few pictures down on the east yorks club area board....some great playing nice to hear some of the obscure tracks sorry can't make it to the fish and chips to-night..looking forward to sunday seems like a great day a head.........enjoyed all who took part.. check tke link below..

Saturday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toonypics/show/

Sunday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toonypics/ ... 3886/show/
Last edited by Rich Cowling on Sun May 23, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Cowling

Full Real Name: Richard Cowling

Re: Scarborough Gala Saturday

Postby The Badge Man » Sun May 23, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Everyone,
I have just been looking through the photos of the Scarborough weekend Its congratulations to everyone who was there looking so happy I know you all must have had a great time a superb selection of photos and a big thanks for putting them on for us all to see, Next year I shall definitely be there.

Eric
The Badge Man

Postby Arpeggio » Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Dear Rich,
I wasn't at Scarborough but everyone obviously had a fabulous time. But....I would just like to say a big 'Thank You' for posting your absolutely stupendous collection of photographs.

Bests.....Rob :D
Arpeggio

Postby Rich Cowling » Sun May 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Been a real buzz this year some great action from the fabulous Mr Alan Jones what a musician.....good attendance also lot of fun and an added bonus on a personal note to see Legend on top form ..... they blew us away with a fabulous set..... posted a few shots of the general run of things sorry if your not posted up there...

Some of day Two action
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toonypics/ ... 3886/show/
Rich Cowling

Full Real Name: Richard Cowling

Re: Scarborough Gala Saturday and Sunday Pictures

Postby Rhythm Knitter » Sun May 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Fantastic pictures Richard hope mine come out as good. Hoping everyone who came to our Gala weekend had a fantastic time I know I did Music absolutely great welcome back Legend nice to see Tony H with you. Thanks also to Shadows Music, Jigsaw, Fentone Four, Shazam,Alan Jones and Friends Gee Whizz and a special appearance from our friend from Blackpool Terry Devon. Also not forgetting our individual players SUPERB MUSIC FROM ALL. Many thanks to our dear friends Ian and Linda Harper heres to next year. luv you all Carol xxx and not forgetting Dave. ps forgot little man Kev sorry.
Rhythm Knitter

Postby hoffers » Mon May 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you to everyone at Scarborough on Sunday for the warm welcome and for making my debut gig with Legend an unforgettable experience.
I realised just how much I'd missed the event over the last few years and it was wonderful to see and speak with so many old friends again.
It's not an easy task organising an event on this scale and Ian Harper does a great job year after year and deserves the continued support.

Love to all

Hoffers
hoffers

Postby roninnes » Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Great pics Richard.
Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby old romantic » Fri May 28, 2010 7:58 am

Hi all,
Thank you everyone for your super messages both on this board and via pms about the gala. It was a lovely place to hold the event and the weather was superb. The pictures from Richard tell it all and to all the members and guests you were brilliant. Next meeting is Sunday 6th June at the Ambassador as usual .The weekend after of course is Levisham on the North Yorks Moors Railway with Shazam and Ian Geest and Shadows Music. Free too! What more can you ask for ...Music and Steam trains!! See you all soon. Love to all Linda x
old romantic

Full Real Name: linda harper

Return to The Shadows