Trouble brewing ?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Trouble brewing ?

Postby Twangaway » Wed May 26, 2010 7:47 pm

I have just got my free copy of Play Music mag, that's free at music shops, and on page 5 was something very interesting.

There is a new range of amps come out in what look like silver or fawn moulded cabinets ? , but strikingly with a Heritage VOX TV look and a VOX Diamond cloth type front. They are called the ZT range and if you remove the ZT red badge, you could stick on a gold VOX logo for a vintage 50's look :) I bet the company who makes them will get taken to task for passing off the look. Made by Aria
Have a look , I think they are probably already on their web site ariauk.com as I speak. Haven't looked yet but going there now

Sorry to disappoint but they are solid state

David
Twangaway

Re: Trouble brewing ?

Postby Twangaway » Wed May 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Oops, looks like a wire diamond mesh ? in other photos elsewhere
Twangaway

Postby JimN » Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 pm

The ZT Lunchbox and Club, 200 watt solid state combo amplifiers?

They look nothing like Vox / Jennings / JMI.

Take a look in the latest "Guitar Buyer" magazine, where there is a review of them.

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Twangaway » Wed May 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi Jim, in the mag I have they do look like VOX amps styling, I didn't say clones :) In the mag I have it looked like a cloth front, but on websites it loks like a Diamond mesh or something similar maybe with a scrim over the top of it .
Twangaway

Return to The Shadows