Not all The Shadows' vinyl LPs made it onto CD...

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Not all The Shadows' vinyl LPs made it onto CD...

Postby JimN » Sat May 29, 2010 12:53 am

...but:

MfP CDs.jpg
(290.52 KiB) Downloaded 4675 times

JN
Last edited by JimN on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: Not all The Shadows' vinyl LPs made it onto CD...

Postby Arpeggio » Sat May 29, 2010 8:05 am

He! He! Those look really great Jim. What's the story? Private CD-Rs? Magic Records (didn't they release "Somethin' Else" on CD - but with reversed stereo image etc.,?)

Bests...Rob :D
Arpeggio

Postby Didier » Sat May 29, 2010 8:49 am

Arpeggio wrote:He! He! Those look really great Jim. What's the story? Private CD-Rs? Magic Records (didn't they release "Somethin' Else" on CD - but with reversed stereo image etc.,?)

These aren't Magic Records CDs (all Shadows' reissues by Magic Records are licensed by EMI).

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Ian Miller » Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 am

Hi All,

MFP (Music For Pleasure) was the budget label of EMI. See the logo on the top RH side of the CD's.

Regards

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby UlrichS » Sat May 29, 2010 11:20 am

Didier wrote:These aren't Magic Records CDs (all Shadows' reissues by Magic Records are licensed by EMI).

Didier

It looks as if Magic Records don't stock Shadows (and Cliff) CDs anymore. At least they are no longer listed in their catalog. (magic-records.com)

Ulrich
UlrichS

Full Real Name: Sasu, Ulrich

Postby JimN » Sat May 29, 2010 11:40 am

Relax, chaps!

It's nothing to do with Magic Records or even to do with EMI/MfP (which still exists).

I just thought I'd have a bit of fun with some of the LP scans from the gallery:

http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/gallery/album.php?album_id=97

I did the same with my Shads EP collection some years ago, mainly in order to have easy access to the artwork and sleeve notes without having to keep the vinyl within easy reach. I can now add a few to those too.

They look good, don't they?

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Didier » Sun May 30, 2010 9:19 am

UlrichS wrote:
Didier wrote:These aren't Magic Records CDs (all Shadows' reissues by Magic Records are licensed by EMI).

Didier

It looks as if Magic Records don't stock Shadows (and Cliff) CDs anymore. At least they are no longer listed in their catalog. (magic-records.com)

Ulrich

You're right, The Shadows CDs have disappeared from their online catalog. I had not noticed that before. I don't know if it's a bug on their site or if their licensing agreement with EMI has come to an end.

Didier
Didier

Postby UlrichS » Sun May 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Didier wrote:You're right, The Shadows CDs have disappeared from their online catalog. I had not noticed that before. I don't know if it's a bug on their site or if their licensing agreement with EMI has come to an end.

Didier

So if anybody should be missing Shadows CDs from Magic it might be a good idea to get hold of a copy as long as they are in stock at certain dealers.

Ulrich
UlrichS

Full Real Name: Sasu, Ulrich

Postby Didier » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:54 am

UlrichS wrote:
Didier wrote:You're right, The Shadows CDs have disappeared from their online catalog. I had not noticed that before. I don't know if it's a bug on their site or if their licensing agreement with EMI has come to an end.

Didier

So if anybody should be missing Shadows CDs from Magic it might be a good idea to get hold of a copy as long as they are in stock at certain dealers.

Ulrich

I emailed Magic Records and got an answer from Martial Martinay, boss of Magic Records.

The licensing agreement between Magic Records and EMI has come to and end, and due to the current crisis at EMI, no renewal has been possible up to now.
He still has a few references available while stocks last, but they have been removed from the online catalog.

Didier
Didier

Return to The Shadows