GUITARS FOR SALE>>>HELP!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

GUITARS FOR SALE>>>HELP!

Postby cygnetshadow » Mon May 31, 2010 1:17 am

Can someone help a bear of very little brain...how do I post/attach pictures on this forum? To post a topic is easy enough, but I've just posted a note in the Market Place of some guitars I'd like to sell and I can't find the way to attach the pictures ("too big"), nor to post them in the gallery. Help!

Stephen
cygnetshadow

Re: GUITARS FOR SALE>>>HELP!

Postby Tab » Mon May 31, 2010 7:01 am

Hi Stephen,

You probably need to reduce the size of your pictures. You can down load software which does this from the net.

Perhaps someone with greater technical knowledge can advise further as I have a laptop which automatically asks if I wish to reduce the size before emailing.

Good luck.
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Postby alanbakewell » Mon May 31, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Stephen, I don't know the "I.T." way to do it. However, I e-mail the picture to myself. This has the effect of reducing the size of it.
When the e-mail comes through, save that picture, call it something else and use that one.

If this works I'm Alan Bakewell

If it doesn't call me Ecca. :D :D :D

Cheers, Alan.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby Rosemary » Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 am

I'm happy to help with computer problems where I can so please send me a message if you like.
In the meantime for Windows PCs there's a great little freeware program called Irfanview which has been around for many years and does a great job at resizing & compressing images, converting to different image file formats, batch conversion and has lots more features. It's only a small program to download too.
http://www.irfanview.com/
Best wishes
Rosemary
Rosemary

Full Real Name: Rosemary Beattie

Postby JimN » Mon May 31, 2010 10:41 am

There are several free or shareware download programs which will resize any image file (you have to find out how it does it, of course - it won't do it on its own!). I tend to use Adobe Photoshop, but the free program I would thoroughly recommend is Paint.Net - it does that job and many others brilliantly, and loads quickly as well. Did I mention that it is FREE?

Go to:

http://www.getpaint.net/

...and click on the link near the top right of the screen, marked: Paint.NET v3.5.5 3.5 MB

Ignore the bigger link marked: "Download Now". It's for a different application - AVS (though that may do the job you want done).

Paint.Net is much more like a top-end imaging application. And it does most of what most people want from Photoshop.

Hope this helps,

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby kipper » Mon May 31, 2010 10:54 am

lets get this right mr ecca bakewell you email yourself? you want to get out more :D or post a new soundfile its been ages since we heard one. perhaps you have been sending them to yourself. :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: do you reply to these emails alan or just ignore them.???? :shock: peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby alanbakewell » Mon May 31, 2010 11:19 am

kipper wrote:lets get this right mr ecca bakewell you email yourself? you want to get out more :D or post a new soundfile its been ages since we heard one. perhaps you have been sending them to yourself. :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: do you reply to these emails alan or just ignore them.???? :shock: peter

I'm the only one who's civil to me Peter. And there's even exceptions to that. :lol:

My reviews of my soundfiles are phemon.....phenim......very good. 8-)

Cheers, Ec.....Al....oh whatever. :roll:
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby Amanda » Mon May 31, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi Peter,

Don't get them mixed up, they are two seperate entities Mr Bakewell and Ecca!

Hmm I wonder what a composite picture of them would look like?

Would we call the merged entity Ecca Bakwell or Alan Thacker?

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby Tone » Mon May 31, 2010 1:19 pm

Amanda wrote:Hi Peter,

Don't get them mixed up, they are two seperate entities Mr Bakewell and Ecca!

Hmm I wonder what a composite picture of them would look like?

Would we call the merged entity Ecca Bakwell or Alan Thacker?

Amanda

The mind boggles!!

Tony
Tone

Full Real Name: Tony Ramsden

Postby cygnetshadow » Mon May 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Thank you to all those kind folk, Terry, Alan, Rosemary, Jim, Jay and Martyn, who posted and emailed in response to my plea, I really appreciate the breadth and depth of support so readily made available on this website.

However, I fear the time has come to call a halt to further futile effort. For whatever reason, I still cannot post a picture in a regular posting, nor to the site gallery, nor can I attach a picture to any sort of email. The last pm I tried to send told me that the recipient did not exist (an address I had carefully copied and pasted from a pm received). No doubt the failing is mine or my computer's, but I do know that I can post pictures to an ebay auction, so that is the path I shall now follow.

With regret, and again my grateful thanks, Stephen
cygnetshadow

Next

Return to The Shadows