Levisham/Pickering 60s Festival

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Levisham/Pickering 60s Festival

Postby Stranger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 pm

This years North Yorkshire Moors Railway 60s Weekend will be held on 12th/13th June.
Shadows Music, Shazam and Ian Geast will be providing the entertainment at Levisham.
The two tea huts will be open and the beer tent will be featuring York Brewery ales this year.
Car parking will be very limited as there is a display of classic minis in the car park on Saturday and motorcycles on Sunday. Come on the train and entry is free. There are through trains to/from Whitby on Saturday.
Information and timetable details available here:
http://www.nymr.co.uk/special-events/swinging-sixties/

On Saturday evening the entertainment moves to the Pickering where The Pursuaders and The Mindbenders will be appearing in the Market Place. This is a free event as part of the Pickering 60s Festival.
More information here:
http://www.pickering60sfestival.co.uk/

A great value weekend. See you there.

Gordon
Stranger

Full Real Name: Gordon Wells

Re: Levisham/Pickering 60s Festival

Postby Rhythm Knitter » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Looking forward to the weekend, have my suncream/wellies ready looking to a great musical weekend see you all there luv Carol and Dave xx
Rhythm Knitter

Postby apache » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:19 am

All booked up and ready to ROCK
Be there or be SQUARE.
Regards to all
HH and Mary
apache

Full Real Name: Harry Howden

Postby old romantic » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 am

Hi,
Its such a wonderful weekend I am determined to be there even if I have to be wheeled into the paddock on a luggage trolley with padded cushions! For those who have never been it is the place to be if you love Shadows music and steam trains and the countryside of course. Not forgetting the real ale and the company. Might not need my wellies Carol as I have those lovely support stockings! It wont rain anyway otherwise how will Shazam play on the platform and hold umbrellas as well.
See you there Harry and Mary. Looking forward to it.
Linda x
old romantic

Full Real Name: linda harper

Postby Rhythm Knitter » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Linda do you want to borrow my wheels for the weekend ? hope your getting on ok speak to you soon luv Carol xxx
Rhythm Knitter

Return to The Shadows