Rick Parfitt

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Rick Parfitt

Postby John Haldane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Watched Rick Parfitt on a web cast, some interesting questions and answers, He use heavy string's with a wound 3rd,at one time he used a bass guitar g string as His bottom E , he is also a big fan of Bruce's style and sound, and when asked who he would like with Him on a dessert island said Hank Marvin, as he as always been a fan.
He also showed some of the various guitar tuning he uses Drop D, and a strange on Dropped B.
John H
John Haldane

Re: Rick Parfitt

Postby Stratpicker » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 am

If you see Quo LIVE , watch Rick change guitars (all Tele's!!) with some frequency during the Gig. When I saw them at the Glastonbury Abbey concert in August last year (No - not the grotty June "Festival" for me!) I was fascinated by it and really couldnt understand why.
Now I do! :idea: :idea: :idea:
And poor old Francis has to make do with his knackered old green one all Show long. :D
cheers
Ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby nick.nivram » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Francis and Rick come a close second to Bruce and Hank for me as the perfect guitar partnership. I was so delighted when they got their new years honours. No-one deserves them more for services to music, charity and sheer hard work in keeping music live in my book. Bruce and Brian already had theirs and Jet has his. Perfect judgement call by the right people this time. I have seen Status Quo twice in concert and it is stunning. There is no better opening to a concert than 'Caroline' and the chill it sends up my spine is the same when I hear the opening to Equinox and Apache by the awesome Shads. Its all about the esteem and regard with which they are held by the public. Bruce, Hank, Brian, Jet, Francis and Rick have no peers in this respect I feel and are truly loved. We are so lucky to have been able to enjoy their careers along with them.

Nick
nick.nivram

Postby John Haldane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:47 pm

I forgot he also said that they play through Marshall stacks and AC 30/s, the Vox is kept in some sort of box hidden from view, I wonder where all those wall of death white Vox amp's are?.
Take care
John
John Haldane

Postby hansaustria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:54 am

Here is the secret - interesting to read that the use VOX amps in Marshall cabs !!

http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/a ... trtech.htm

Hans
hansaustria

Full Real Name: Johann Wolfgang Schmotz

Postby John Haldane » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Hans
Makes for very good reading.
Take care
John H
John Haldane

Return to The Shadows