Dennis Waterman - Downwind Of Angels

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Dennis Waterman - Downwind Of Angels

Postby drakula63 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:12 pm

I've got the album on vinyl, along with its 1977 successor, 'Waterman'. Both produced by the inimitable Brian 'Benbo' Bennett with Hank providing guitar on the latter. Personally, I like them. Strangely enough, I was only showing them to someone this morning...

I shall play them both later.

;)
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby iefje » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 am

I have a Spanish single by Dennis Waterman called "Louise" b/w "Something Called Love", which feature Hank and Brian and also Terry Britten, I think. These two tracks are also on the album "Waterman". It's a pity these albums are still strangers to CD.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby drakula63 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:24 pm

I read somewhere, I'm sure, that Dennis and Brian had been talking about bringing them out on CD. I might be wrong, but I am certain that is, or maybe was, the case.

I did indeed listen to 'Downwind of Angels' last night -- a great album. There are at least three or four tracks, the title track included, which are, IMHO, exceptional. Alan Hawkshaw is on synth on at least one track and the string arrangements are by Steve Gray. He had a good voice, Dennis, and it's a shame he only ever had one hit -- years later with the theme to Minder. Still, to me he'll always be Sergeant George Carter from 'The Sweeney'. The BEST british cop series ever...

(P.S. Ivo, seeing as how you posted the last message, your CDs are now on their way...)
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Return to The Shadows