OT Duane Eddy

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

OT Duane Eddy

Postby Moderne » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:41 pm

I'm breaking my self-imposed exile to inform anyone who's interested that Duane Eddy is on Jonathan Ross's radio show tomorrow morning.

Kind regards,
Clive
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Re: OT Duane Eddy

Postby JimN » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Didn't even know he was in the UK.

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby noelford » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:25 am

That's not Off Topic! I bet Duane Eddy influenced quite a few of the contributors to this forum. Hope to catch it on the car radio on the way to our West of Wales Shadows and Guitar Club today, then. Thanks for the tip-off.
noelford

Postby ecca » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:03 am

He was a biggy in my life.
Shazam was it,I still play his version, the Shads version is far too tame.
Ecca
ecca

Postby Arpeggio » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:03 am

Duane has also been honoured by Mojo magazine at their recent awards event - which is probably why he's over here in the UK. Hey.....maybe he'll drop by to say 'hello' to James Burton and Nokie Edwards at the Southbank on Monday? But.....Jonathan Ross?? Sorry...I can't stand the big - headed, foul - mouthed, egotistical *********(substitute anything you like here). Quite frankly....what the heck will he know about Duane Eddy? I can't abide Ross, or his show so, personally, I shan't be listening.

Rob :shock:
Arpeggio

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:44 am

Hi all, 100% with you on the Ross comments Rob. It would be nice if Duane met up with Jet whilst he is over here. Its always been on Jets wish list to do a couple of tracks or an album with the King of Twang.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby noelford » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:06 am

You'd think nobody liked JR, from what people say but I'm don't mind admitting I think he is one of the funniest, most innovative radio presenters of the day and his Saturday morning show is immeasurably more interesting and entertaining than anything else of the genre. That's a personal opinion, of course, but I have earned my living in the humour industry for 36 years so I do have some knowledge of the subject.

Yes, I know – Anrew Sachs. What he did do Andrew was appalling, and there was absolutely no excuse for that. But it still can't take away the fact that Jonathan Ross is a very talented presenter who, on that occasion, went dreadfully wrong.

So yes, it may be unfashionable to say it, but I LIKE Jonathan Ross and I don't care!

(And I bet he knows a bit more about Duane Eddy than you might think.)
noelford

Postby Twangaway » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:27 pm

I disagree, I think JR is foulmouthed and his Sat show is a bore, so always turn back to the CD player.

The sooner he goes of our tellies the better, his sort and generation are the pits of bad manners and arrogance, taste and decency. The young uns might like him, but the vast majority will not miss him. His humour is so corny and such, would prefer old Parky or Wogan, as the best of the chat hosts.
Twangaway

Postby des mcneill » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:54 pm

Must agree with Twangaway,I refuse to watch Ross and have done for a long time.
Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Postby neil2726 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Have to agree with Rob - when Ross comes on either TV or radio - off it goes! Clasiic FM is much better! Also find Steve Wright equally annoying, although everyone who writes, phones, e mails or sends a text seems "to Love the show!"
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Next

Return to The Shadows