NEXT NORTH NOTTS MEETING 20th JUNE

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NEXT NORTH NOTTS MEETING 20th JUNE

Postby pjr » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks for the input everyone, we look forward to seeing you who can get there.

Jim w, have a good 'un!

Dave R, thanks anyway, hope to here them live at a future meeting. I must say that the different recordings I've heard using them are excellent.

Cheers,

Pete
pjr

Full Real Name: Peter J Richardson

Postby Adrian Fountain » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 am

Hi Pete, Just wondered if anyone is taking a drum Kit or a bass amp for Sunday's live set.

Thanks

Adrian
Adrian Fountain

Postby pjr » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Hopefully, Paul will be coming with his drum kit but as Eric is still poorly I would certainly appreciate the famous "Adrian" bass rig. :P

Cheers,

Pete
pjr

Postby Paulps » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm

pjr wrote:Hopefully, Paul will be coming with his drum kit but as Eric is still poorly I would certainly appreciate the famous "Adrian" bass rig. :P

Cheers,

Pete

If you mean Paul Creasey, he has said "Vulcans are more important than drums" (see post 10) so he won't be there.
Paulps

Postby pjr » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 pm

No, our regular drummer from Hull is called Paul and I hope, will be there!

Pete
pjr

Postby Paul Creasey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 pm

By 'eck!, there's a lot of "Pauls" around here! :?
Anyroadup, Paul (S), I DIDN'T say "Vulcans are more important than Drums (capital "D", you'll notice)" and I'm sorry if you misconstrued my earlier remarks. :roll:
However, XM655 at Wellesbourne Mountford, is only able to "strut her stuff" once each YEAR (boring things like finance, 'elf 'n safety, etc etc) whereas I'm privilaged to bash my Drum Kit at least once each WEEK (twice this week, as we have a "proper" gig on Friday night!), so needs must, I'm afraid.
I DO realise that this forum is peopled by an increasing number of "That Sound anoraks" (mainly, I note, Guitarists ;) - not necessarily Paul S - for whom I hold great regard) who seem to concern themselves with little other than " Backing tracks, Zooms, Quadraverbs etc etc".
I, however, have a rich and fulfilling life which includes many and varied diversions - including, of course, a love of the music of The Shadows, and some small abilty thumping the tubs. Regettably, however, these two activities form only a minor part of the whole.
Paul Marshall is a fine Drummer :clap: who travels many miles to provide a Drum Kit at most North Notts meetings, and is kind enough to let all and sundry "have a go" behind his very nice Kit. I am privileged from time-to-time to step-in when Paul (M) is unavailable, and will be happy to continue to do-so when required.
I send my very best regards to all at North Notts, and trust that everyone will have an excellent afternoon supported by one of the best teams in Shadowmusicland. :thumbup:
Regards
Paul :wave:
Paul Creasey

Postby Paulps » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:10 pm

To Paul Creasey
I am sorry if you misinterpreted my miserable attempt at humour. We all have interests other than Shadow Music, or any music for that matter, and we are all free to follow those interests whenever we wish.
My comment "Paul Creasey thinks Vulcans are more important than Drums" was only meant as a light hearted way of pointing out that you would not be attending the North Notts meeting, and I was unaware that there was another Drummer, also called Paul, who is the regular provider of Drums and percussion backing there.
Please accept my apology for any offense caused, and I hope to see you soon.
Paulps

Postby Tony Szpala » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Paul & Pete(Creasey)

Paul thanks for your comments on "Hava Nagila" - hope you have a great day out on Sunday.
Pete - I'll send you the chord part to Joe Brown's version of Hava Nagila through by email - see you Sunday.
Paulps will be playing the Bass part.

Best Wishes

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Postby pjr » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks for the support today everyone, we enjoyed your company. :)

I do however seem to have been left with the Creasy chord instruction manual and the Jimbo guitar stand.
I'll bring them along to the next meeting or contact me if you need them before then.

Cheers,

Pete and the gang.
pjr

Postby petercreasey » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:05 pm

pjr wrote:Thanks for the support today everyone, we enjoyed your company. :)

I do however seem to have been left with the Creasy chord instruction manual and the Jimbo guitar stand.
I'll bring them along to the next meeting or contact me if you need them before then.

Cheers,

Pete and the gang.

Thanks for another good afternoon Pete, I would be grateful if you would old on to the chords folder ( I don't take much notice of them anyway!) I'll get them next time. I have sent a note to Jimbo about his stand

Thanks to the team
Take care
Pete
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Previous

Return to The Shadows