William Hooper RIP

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

William Hooper RIP

Postby Arpeggio » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 am

I have just received this very sad news from Pat at Leo's Den. I'm sure that she will be passing this tragic message on to many members of Shadow Music. However - there may be people who are not on whichever contact list she is using and so I will take the liberty of 'forwarding' her message here.

" It is with regret we have to report the passing of William Hooper after a long illness.

Many Cliff fans will know William and Moya and will have met them at many of the Cliff concerts around the country, very distinguishable in his white jacket, black shirt, and white tie. His Cliff web site kept fans updated with news and was invaluable as far as chart information was concerned. The site will remain up and running but will not be updated. If you have William’s email address on your computer it has been requested by his family that is it deleted as it will no longer be operating and any messages will not be answered.

Rest in peace William.

Pat and John

LEO'S DEN MUSIC "

I was never introduced to William formally but I saw him at may, many Cliff / Shads events - the last being at Cardiff in October of last year. I think that he was a lovely man and his Cliff Richard website is absolutely fabulous. I'm sure that there will be many more people on this forum who knew William much better than I did and who can pay proper tribute to him. I had no idea that he was seriously ill. Whilst not wishing to be morbid and knowing that no - one is immortal - it seems to me that we have lost too many good people prematurely of late. As Pat said - William's fantastic website will remain - but, of course, will not now be updated. As an amazing reference resource - it is a fitting memory.

RIP William

Rob :(
Arpeggio

Re: William Hooper RIP

Postby RalphG » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi Rob

This is a sad loss indeed because William put so much work into promoting the music of Cliff and the Shads. His site was a treasure trove of information and always newsy, with the latest stories and gigs involving Cliff and the Shads and related acts. Plus he was a lovely man. We talked regularly on the phone and I know he was seriously ill a year or so ago but this has come as a big shock. Very sad news.

Ralph
RalphG

Re: William Hooper RIP

Postby flingelbunt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:48 pm

I am so sad to hear this terrible news. William was a true Cliff and Shadows fan and I got to know him when he made 'Bungleflint' an honorary member of the Gloucestershire Cliff Richard Fan Club after they saw us in concert 3 or 4 years ago. My condolences go out to his family at this sad time.......

Maurice
flingelbunt

Return to The Shadows