Sea, Sand and Shads...

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Sea, Sand and Shads...

Postby noelford » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 am

Anyone going to the New Quay (Wales) Music Festival? Ken Gilbert and myself will be opening the Sunday afternoon proceedings on August 1, at 12.30, with a Shadows set. The band following us is called Librarian's Worst Nightmare – I suspect there may be some contrast!

Before that, Ken and myself will be playing at the bandstand on the Aberystwyth promenade, on July 23, from ten until four. This will be in aid of the Aberystwyth Gateway Club which is affiliated to Mencap. If any of you folks can get along to either of these gigs, we'd love to see you.
noelford

Re: Sea, Sand and Shads...

Postby Rick50 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Have a great gig, sorry it's too far from sunny South Devon for me... :geek:
Rick50

Postby noelford » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:25 am

Come rain or shine, our six hour Aberystwyrh gig kicks off at 10.00am today, on the bandstand, Aberystwyrh promenade. Hoping to raise a lot of dosh for the Aberystwyth Gateway Club which is affiliated to MENCAP. If you can't make it to Aberystwyth today, then perhaps you could just send us some dry-weather vibes!
noelford

Postby kipper » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:03 am

noelford wrote:Come rain or shine, our six hour Aberystwyrh gig kicks off at 10.00am today, on the bandstand, Aberystwyrh promenade. Hoping to raise a lot of dosh for the Aberystwyth Gateway Club which is affiliated to MENCAP. If you can't make it to Aberystwyth today, then perhaps you could just send us some dry-weather vibes!

if it goes more than 6 hours without rain in aberystwyrh that would be a record on its own. :shock: :shock: but good luck anyway. peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby noelford » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 pm

YES! No rain and glorious sunshine in the afternoon. Totally exhausting, but we didn't notice until we stopped playing (we actually over-ran, slightly). Once again, we saw proof of the popularity of our sort of music from ages right across the spectrum. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed...
noelford

Postby noelford » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:49 pm

And here we were...
Attachments
S6301087.jpg
(220.53 KiB) Downloaded 5074 times
noelford

Postby JimTidmarsh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:07 am

Well done, you guys !!

I know that bandstand well - I had an aunt & uncle who ran a guest house on Marine Terrace pratically opposite in the 60s and 70s. Many a happy holiday was spent there.
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby noelford » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:10 pm

JimTidmarsh wrote:Well done, you guys !!

I know that bandstand well - I had an aunt & uncle who ran a guest house on Marine Terrace pratically opposite in the 60s and 70s. Many a happy holiday was spent there.

Thanks, Jim. Sadly, that guesthouse was probably one of those facing us that is now empty and boarded up. It's a shame because the Aberystwyth promenade is one of the nicest and most unspoiled I know, with just those properties in need of some development.
noelford

Return to The Shadows