Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: O2 Friday night / youtube

Postby littlelinnie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi absolutely brilliant thanks for the posting regards Lynn
littlelinnie

Postby Peter K » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi there,

after listening to the titles recorded last Friday I'm wondering where the sound of the bass has gone. With the exception of the intro to "Living Doll" I simply
can't hear Mark Griffith's bass. That's quite contrary to the bass sound on the new CD where Mark is featured heavily. I love his bass sounds on "Reunited" but
I'm missing them on stage.

Regards Peter K
Peter K

Postby Didier » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 am

Peter K wrote:Hi there,

after listening to the titles recorded last Friday I'm wondering where the sound of the bass has gone. With the exception of the intro to "Living Doll" I simply
can't hear Mark Griffith's bass. That's quite contrary to the bass sound on the new CD where Mark is featured heavily. I love his bass sounds on "Reunited" but
I'm missing them on stage.

Regards Peter K

Most probably, the equipment used to film these videos wasn't able to record properly the bass. Don't worry, the live sound is certainly much better, and we can hope that the DVD sound will be properly mixed.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby bassgod » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Dear oh dear, I am so pleased I didn't but a ticket, Bland, unexciting. Best bit was the stage set!!

Andy
bassgod

Postby RogerF » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:18 pm

… never a bum note…
mmm… one or two interesting "non-bum notes" – in "The Savage" for instance and what has Hank done to the intro to "Don't Talk To Him"? I always had a problem on stage remembering that riff, especially if we'd also played "Please Don't Tease" earlier in the evening – don't know why! Perhaps Hank suffers a similar loss of memory at his advanced age. Talking of "Don't Talk To Him".. a double six with Trem! ! Wasn't it John Farrar who owned one? P'raps Hank nicked it!

Oh and was that a sunburst Start with capo I spotted Bruce playing on "Singing The Blues"? Whatever next!

None the less obviously a fabulous show and they all are quite clearly giving the audience just what they want – wonderful… almost "Wonder Land" you might say…

kind regards

Roger
RogerF

Full Real Name: Roger Fairhurst

Postby suboA21 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:44 pm

On the subject of Guitars .....................

What about Hank playing the Glasgow Herald Strat with 'DROPPED D' tuning on C'mon Everybody?????????????? Fabulous :D

Listen to it on the album you can even hear the de-tuned bottom E string getting fret rattle!!!!!! Can't wait to rehearse that on myself!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Steve
suboA21

Postby kittycph » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:22 pm

I had a great time Friday night. It gave me the chill, when 15.000+ people were standing up singing "The Young Ones".
I would have loved to have tickets for tonight, but the only tickets left were up in the gods, and I'm not pleased with hights.
I tried to record some numbers with my camera. I see how good they are, when I get home.
If you have bought a ticket, you can all look forward to the concert.
I have understood, that the DVD were recorded Saturday.
kittycph

Postby bassgod » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 pm

My earlier reply to this post has disappeared. Could there be censorship at hand here? I only said I thought the clips I looked at seemed bland and unexciting. Oh and who said there were no bum notes? The Savage???

Andy
bassgod

Postby bridev » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Great stuff!! Thanks for posting. Only trouble is I have to wait till Christmas for the DVD & CD. My kids tell me I am liable to suffer excruciating pain and death if I buy them before. :cry: Still It's better than socks :lol:

Brian
The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
bridev

Full Real Name: brian devlin

Postby Admin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 pm

bassgod wrote:My earlier reply to this post has disappeared. Could there be censorship at hand here? I only said I thought the clips I looked at seemed bland and unexciting. Oh and who said there were no bum notes? The Savage???

Andy

Post #25 is still there. Censorship is not permitted on this site.

Bob.
Admin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows