02 Sept. 28: Singing the Blues, Wonderful Land, TL

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

02 Sept. 28: Singing the Blues, Wonderful Land, TL

Postby gogarrio » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:54 pm

View from Block 111, Row V, Seat 351-352, joined by none other than Rapier rhythm guitarist Neil Ainsby for 95% of show (had to dash early for train). First thing he said on seeing our seats: "Oh, I'm not on Bruce's side!"

Last edited by gogarrio on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gogarrio

Postby gogarrio » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:37 pm

And "Wonderful Land", with Hank's spoken intro crediting Jerry Lordan and Norrie Paramor. Guess I'm not too embarassed to say I had tears in my eyes while they played the number, knowing how much it all meant to me (first song at my wedding, first Shadows 45 I played for my wife, maybe last time seeing The Shads together, hoping my dearly beloved mom was listening somewhere).

Last edited by gogarrio on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gogarrio

Postby gogarrio » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:46 pm

A bit of harmonising on "Travelin' Light":

gogarrio

Postby gogarrio » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 pm

And now some location footage, including walking 'round the O2 before, during and after the show. Boy, if you like queues for eating, drinking and relieving yourself, the O2 is the place to go. Second video below features Neil Ainsby commentary on dining options and merchandising.

gogarrio

Re: 02 Sept. 28: Singing the Blues, Wonderful Land, TL

Postby kittycph » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks for the videos Greg. It sounds like the whole audience was singing along on "Singing the blues", as they did Friday night.
kittycph

Re: 02 Sept. 28: Singing the Blues, Wonderful Land, TL

Postby gogarrio » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 pm

I wish I had "Time Drags By" on video, as the harmonies were stellar. In fact, near the end, Neil leaned over and said one word, "Lovely".
gogarrio

Postby gogarrio » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Best use of the video screens, IMHO, are illustrated below, with 3-shots of Bruce, Cliff and Hank. Not bad, I think!

And a few candids featuring me, Neil Ainsby and Linda K.

gogarrio

Return to The Shadows