Postby David Martin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Thanks BG...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Re: Independent review of o2

Postby David Martin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:44 am

Hmm... interesting that review. Every now and then we get hot under the collar about what someone writes here, but that review beats the lot...

OK so it's largely positive, but it is SO patronising "Even the terrifically annoying "Summer Holiday" is bearable as is the horribly prescient "Bachelor Boy". With the wisdom of hindsight or what?

If I were Cliff this would really annoy me!

(And for what it's worth, I remember clearly my lovely Mum - who sadly died in 1966 - saying how nasty he looked on Oh Boy! with his sneer and sideburns... yes indeed, early Cliff and The Shads were definitely rock'n'roll bad boys, and I loved them.)
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Re: Independent review of o2

Postby drakula63 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:01 am

Dave,

A shame that so many journalists have either a personal agenda or are just plain inaccurate. There's another review somewhere on the 'net, in which the reviewer states that during the show Hank told Cliff that Elvis had sold more records than he ever would. Does that sound like something Hank would say either in public or private. No, what actually happened was that BRUCE said to Cliff something like, "By the way, Cliff, did you know that Elvis sold even more records after he died than when he was alive?" Cliff responded with something amusing which I didn't quite catch, but it was clear what was going on. It was a very funny little exchange, but because it was mis-reported, anyone who hadn't been there would have read it and thought "Eh?". So there we are. I must say that most of the reviews I have read so far have been positive. Certainly I can honestly say that Wednesday night's show was one of the best gigs I have ever attended (yes, even better than Van Halen in Birmingham, 1993!!!). I am looking forward to seeing the lads again in Sheffield and also to reading more positive and, no doubt, occasionally inaccurate reviews!

Rock on, folks. It's just like 1979 all over again. Only better...

:D
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Return to The Shadows