GOT TICKETS TO SEE TONIGHT'S SHOW

CAN'T WAIT

JUST WISH IT WAS SHADS ALONE

Bob t :D
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Re: BIRMINGHAM NIA

Postby David Martin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:21 pm

The Shads are so powerful working with Cliff that, even if you don't go a bundle on singists, I reckon you'll love it all.
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby kittycph » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:48 pm

I agree with David. Enjoy The Shads together with Cliff. It's just great.
kittycph

Postby Atlantis53 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm

David is spot on ... if ever a voice was matched to the sound of The Shadows then it is undoubtedly that of Cliff Richard - watching dear old Marty Wilde the other year with our boys on 'Move It' brought that home to me big time!

Was at the O2 on Friday last - just out of this World!
Atlantis53

Postby bob t » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:00 am

David Martin wrote:The Shads are so powerful working with Cliff that, even if you don't go a bundle on singists, I reckon you'll love it all.

Sorry David I didn't explain myself properly, I have no problem with Cliff singing, seen him a number of times with the Shadows and really enjoying the new album and singles etc. What I meant was that it would be better as the Shads on their own as we wouldn't get his fans dancing and singing in front of us at the concerts. Why they need to when on the first few rows is beyond me especially when there were some older ladies around us who clearly couldn't stand up for a long time so it spoils the show for them, seems very selfish.

Anyway, really enoyed the show, a really professional performance, noticed a couple of mistakes from Cliff that he covered up in his usual professional way.
Sound was excellent and Hank was really rocking on his solos. In their own numbers The Savage was awesome, still one of my all time favourites. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves and Bruce's comment of welcome to our second final tour always leaves one with hope of another. :?

The sound was brilliant and certainly got back to the old rocking sound. With all the threads on sounds I would be really happy if I could get Hank's sound from last night. The acoustic version of Travellin' Light was a highlight as their harmonies were superb. Also really enjoyed InThe Country and Time Drags By. Other highlights were Singing The Blues (far better than the album track), Don't Talk To Him, I'm The Lonely One. I will have to stop as I'll name every song they did, what can I say, just didn't want it to end and when it's as good as this the evening seems to fly by and it's all gone too quickly.

Cliff announced before one song that they were still a Rock'n'Roll band and boy is he right.

Cliff voice sounded far better than on the new album where he sounded a bit strained on a couple of tracks, imo.

Still a superb night and wish I could go again but will have to settle for the DVD instead.

That's all for now

Thanks guys for a great night

Bob T
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Return to The Shadows