NIA - WHAT a NIGHT!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

NIA - WHAT a NIGHT!

Postby ShadsDrums » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:48 am

Hi Folks

I've just got home after the best concert I've ever been to in my entire life. "Outstanding" doesn't even begin to come close to what I have just witnessed.

Currently sitting in my dressing room,during the interval,on our first night at the NIA.
The audience are loving it,I can see that.
I'm proud to be here,and I'm a proud son,
techie chatter is,under the circumstances,irrelevant...
However,thankyou for the origional post,we all had a good chuckle,
Warren

Had a good chuckle myself when reading through the topic concerned. This was the first time I've ever seen Cliff live and only the second time I've seen The Shadows live (Final Tour 2004 was the first).

Warren - your contribution to Wonderful Land and every other number, notably for me including the ones with the little bits in them, like Sea Cruise and others, where you used some of the percussion, the harmonica, the accordion.... was amazing.

Apache, although a little faster than I'm used to, was awesome, as was The Savage. WOW .... here I am, typing this message on the new site at 01:42 and still buzzing so loudly myself after that show that I can't sleep.

When I bought and listened to the Reunited album, I have to say I thought Cliff's voice lacked power and sounded a little husky. Oh Boy! When we were at Birmingham NIA this evening, did Cliff prove me wrong or WHAT?! His voice had everything it's always had - power, clarity, beautiful highs and lows.. AWESOME!! One or two teeny mistakes from Cliff that not many people noticed and, like the professional he is, just covered them so smoothly - what a performer he is.

There were a group of us there this evening from the Berkshire Shadows Club and Forum. We were all entertained down to our socks. Please pass our best wishes to all the lads on stage for the remaining shows. Gosh - if I could I'd be at every single one. I'm blown away.

Thank you all for a wonderful concert!
Chris
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Re: NIA - WHAT a NIGHT!

Postby kittycph » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Chris
I think it was a relief, that Cliff had some mistakes (also at The O2). It proved to me, that the rumours about miming was just rumours. This is a real live concert, as all concerts should be.
Well done everybody
kittycph

Postby ShadsDrums » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Kitty

I heard the rumours about the miming too. However there wasn't a teeny bit of miming last night - all real music played by real musicians and, best of all, by the looks on their faces, they were all having a whale of a time. WONDERFUL.

Cheers
Chris
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Postby dave robinson » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it Chris and that you posted a positive review. I have seen all the 'footage' that folks posted on U Tube and there are some mistakes, but it's live music for heavens sake (I cleaned that up a bit) ;) and if folks want perfection and no distractions from concert goers reacting, then the best advice I can offer it stay at home and play the records. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to The Shadows