Happy Birthday to Us!!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Happy Birthday to Us!!

Postby Zaanse Shadow » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Happy Birthday SM-UK and all the makers who makes this happened. All the best, and, offcoure a lot of years of SM-UK to come

Cheers from Holland

Fred/Zaanse Shadow.
PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE CAUSE ITS JUST BEEN RENOVATED; WWW.ZAANSESHADOW.NL
Zaanse Shadow

Full Real Name: Fred Bos

Postby scotocaster » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Happy Birthday ShadowMusic, like all the others, you have brought many happy hours of entertainment and information on all things pertaining to my favouite group "The Shadows". It's amazing how The Shadows music has continued to be in the hearts of so many worldwide, Good job David and you co-workers, here's to at least another 10yrs. Scott
scotocaster

Postby bridev » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Yes, Thank you David for setting Shadow music up. I can't add much else as most of it has already been said most eloquently by others, and I wholeheartedly agree with all that has been said. Can I add my thanks to Chris for our temporary home and Bob for this one. Long live ShadowMusic.

Brian
The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
bridev

Full Real Name: brian devlin

Postby drakula63 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Ten years, eh? Another notable anniversary to celebrate!!

I have feeling that I joined in 1999 or early 2000, so I guess I must be an old hand by now!!!

All the best for the next ten years. Hope I'll still be here then!!!!!!

:clap: :thumbup:
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Mikey » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Congratulations and celebrations (now where have I heard that before?!) Ten years, a great achievement. I'm just sorry I wasn't in at the start but better late than never. This is a great place with great people.
Mikey

Postby slammer648 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi all. This is great thing that David started waaay back in 1999. I was glad to assist in finding the members of SCOFA as they have been good friend for a long time. Some kind soul sent David my addy and he sent me a heart warming letter. Thanks to that fellow fan. To Bob Greg...yes..we did meet @ Fimley in 2000.

BTW...we are having our 8th. get together at Sparky Shadow's place on Oct. 16th and 17th: so the music lives on waay out West in the "Colonies".

Cheers to all.
Slammer... AKA Graham.
slammer648

Postby BobGreg » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 am

A very warm welcome back Graham (Slammer) we have missed your enthusiasm and humour for some time - we old timers have got to keep going! I hope that you'll now keep in touch on this site now that you've found us again. A big thank you to whoever found your email and passed it on to David. How many grandchildren have you got now? I did remember correctly your excitement at the time or did I have a senior moment?
BobGreg

Postby slammer648 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks, Bob. No "senior" moment, my friend. You are exactly right about the grandson. I have 4 now...all boys. The Willmott name will live forever ;) ...at this rate. I'll be seeing Nos. 2 & 3 when I go down to Vancouver for the 16th. & 17th. get together with Sparky and friends.
Cheers,
Graham.
slammer648

Postby jan-shad » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 am

Congratulations to a wonderful site!!
I`m happy to join it! (only for a few weeks so far)
And very thanksfull and gratefull to you wonderful music guys out there!
Thanks for BT`s, advice, sound-hint, etc.

Greetings from Norway
Jan
jan-shad

Postby Didier » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:30 pm

David Martin wrote:Well folks, here we are... ShadowMusic is 10 years old... :D

Thanks David for this brilliant idea ! I discovered the site in may 2000, a few months after its creation and was the first french speaking fan to join !
It made me rediscover the world of Shadows' music and later start with Jean-Claude a similar French language forum, still alive and kicking !

:clap: Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows