Cliff & Shads Final UK Date to be broadcast on Radio 2

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Cliff & Shads Final UK Date to be broadcast on Radio 2

Postby gogarrio » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 am

Sometimes BBC content IS blocked outside the UK. Finger crossed this one isn't!
gogarrio

Postby Iain Purdon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:17 am

Hmm, maybe for copyright reasons? I don't know. But I'm sure there will be copies floating around .... ;)
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby BobGreg » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:56 am

Shame that it's only a selected hour - guess what songs will be favoured, but have set my tuner on the PC to record, so hopefully will catch the full programme. It might also be on iPlayer, but likely to be limited to UK downloads only. But as someone has said it's only a few days before the DVD is out so not too long to wait for the full programme.
BobGreg

Postby mugwumpsthecat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi all,

Any BBC radio 2 programme is available on the internet via their website for 7 days. Just log on to bbc.co.uk/radio2.

My only concern is that we Shads fans will only get Apache, Wonderful Land and FBI (again!!), both on this broadcast and the forthcoming DVD. I know our boys were there all the time, but I hope they include more of their hits and not just of the lead singer, Cliff somebody or other!! ;) :roll:

Is anyone else feeling a loss as it was the last time we are likely see our boys play live? :cry: :( I only go back 34 years and have seen either The Shadows, Hank or Bruce over 1,000 in 32 years and in 9 different countries - including the Isle of Wight!! :) It will take a lotto win for Mugwumpsthecat to get overseas to see them once more - and then I'll have that 'last ever concert' sadness all over again. :(

Thanks to this website and all our local clubs, we can still get our 'fix' of the best music - and a special mention to Geoff and Jakey from the South Coast Shadows Club, congratulations on the 6th anniversary last week, guys! 8-) :) :!:

Looking forward to the Children in Need concert in Reading - good luck everyone! Good luck, too, to all the other CiN events! :thumbup: :clap: Well done for flying The Shadows flag! 8-)

Love from the cat basket - Mugwumpsthecat :wave:
mugwumpsthecat

Postby JacktheFlash » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Just a reminder.

Tonight's the night. BBC Radio 2 at 10pm
JacktheFlash

Full Real Name: Peter Nulty

Postby kittycph » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Just sitting here listening to Cliff & The Shads from Wembley. Great.
Only 2 weeks to see them again in Forum, Copenhagen :D
kittycph

Postby d jones » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:12 am

Hi everyone just listened to the concert on radio 2 EXCELLENT! just a pity it was limited to 1hr would'nt it be fantastic to see an entire version on CD! we can only hope with a bit of luck it may be in Santa sack!

Dave
d jones

Postby drakula63 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Myself and a friend sat down on Saturday night, with a few jars, and listened to the show. Made a night of it, with a few Shads and Francis Monkman CDs on beforehand. Well, he is tenuously linked to them!!! Turned both radios (hi fi and ghetto blaster) up nice and loud at 10 PM and thoroughly enjoyed the ensuing hour. We both commented that they play and sing even better now than they did 30 years ago - referencing Thank You Very Much as a comparison - and what a brilliant live album that performance would make! And boy was Hank right when he introduced Brian as "...The Rock. The Legend." Indeed he is. He's the backbone of the band and holds it all together - playing with more fluidity, dexterity and style than ever. I would say that, in 2009, Cliff and the Shads have actually reached their zenith. What a shame this is the end and not a new beginning. So, yeah, a brilliant performance and one that richly deserves to be heard by all.

Roll on Saturday night, when we'll be doing it all again with the live DVD!!!!!!

Oh how my neighbours must love me!!!!!

:thumbup:
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Squier Ken » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:12 pm

I set up my mini audio system to automatically switch on and record the broadcast. Tape in the deck (with auto reverse), timed to switch on at 9.59pm, switch off at 11.05pm. What a pity I forgot to change the station from Radio 4 to Radio 2! Anyone want a recording of a discussion about the state of the UK's economy...?

Ken
Squier Ken

Postby noelford » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:19 pm

That's a classic double whammy, Ken:

DON'T GET THE SHADS

DO GET DISCUSSION ON THE STATE OF THE ECONOMY!
noelford

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows