Car Parking At Wembley Arena Help Please

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Car Parking At Wembley Arena Help Please

Postby OLDEREK » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:30 am

Hi can anybody tell us about car parking at Wembley Arena....Charge?...Thanks In advance.. :D
OLDEREK

Re: Car Parking At Wembley Arena Help Please

Postby Mark Daniels » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:42 am

Hi Derek,

Last time i went to Wembley Arena (last November) i parked in the stadium carpark which is next door at a cost of £15.00, and spent over an hour trying to get out.

Mark
Mark Daniels

Full Real Name: Mark Daniels

Postby BobGreg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:56 am

Derek,

When I last saw Mark Knopfler at the Wembley Arena I too parked at the stadium. I pre-booked on line to be sure of a spot - gets full pretty quickly. I also had the problem of trying to exit the car park - same sort of problem I've also had at the NEC. The surrounding roads just aren't set up for a large sudden inflow of cars flooding the area at one time!
BobGreg

Postby barryg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Derek,

Do yourself a favour and drive to a West London tube station, park your car and catch the tube to Wembley. It will save all the hassle of getting into and out of Wembley by road. Try Hillingdon or Ruislip they have good parking facilities and the stations are just off the A40 Western Avenue.

Or catch a train from Southampton.

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby RayL » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:43 pm

My wife and I will be using public transport to go to Wembley.

It's puzzling that Chiltern Railways don't run a better service to and from their
Wembley Stadium station (9 mins from Marylebone, no stops). It's no further to walk
than from the recommended Wembley Park tube station, yet the last up train from
Wembley Stadium station leaves at 22.41, so the timetablers are plainly not
interested in serving concert goers. Perhaps they've had too much 'bovver'
from football spectators and just want a quiet life.

Ray L
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby Bob Dore » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:00 pm

RayL wrote:Perhaps they've had too much 'bovver'
from football spectators and just want a quiet life.

Ray L

I remember being stranded at Baker Street one night listening to the announcement (true story):

"We regret there will be no more northbound trains today because the football fans have dismantled a train in the tunnel."

Seriously, if it were me going to Wembley I'd drive to a metropolitan line station and take the tube to Wembley Park. Harrow-OnThe-Hill would be a good station because there are more trains back and there is a decent car park there (or at least there used to be).

Bob.
Bob Dore

Postby RayL » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:04 am

To clear up possible confusion, the Wembley Stadium Station to Marylebone line is a train service, not a tube. This is the one that seems to have its last train at 22.41

The Metropolitan Line service runs from Wembley Park Underground station and has trains back to Baker Street in Central London running well after midnight.

For anyone in this country (or abroad) who wants to find transport connections in the Greater London area, there is a Journey Planner on the Transport For London website www.tfl.gov.uk . The Journey Planner is on the home page. Unless you want to travel at that moment, select 'Advanced Options' . Then put in the start and end points of your journey and the Planner will work out all the options, using whatever mode of transport is available for that journey - trains, tubes, buses, trams, Docklands Light Raiway or donkey cart (that last one was a joke).

Ray
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby OLDEREK » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks for all your help and ideas........I have given it a lot of thought, and being the lazy type I have booked a space online in the car park at wembley..........Cheers :D
OLDEREK

Postby barryg » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:01 pm

You'll regret it! Get the train

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby Oilman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:19 pm

Derek,which company did you book with please?

Brian.
Oilman

Next

Return to The Shadows