Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

M.E.N

Postby moveit » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:05 am

wow!!!!!!
just got home from manchester in a daze
the boys and sir cliff rocked the m.e.n
going back sun but sad that it will be my last concert of the tour
cliff and the shads are far better live luv em all!!!!
hope that this isnt the real farewell tour tee hee keep doing them please boys
goin to try and sleep now ready for my next helping tee hee :D :lol:
moveit

Re: M.E.N

Postby Sleepwalker63 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:24 pm

I was there too. A great performance - possibly even better than the one at Cardiff.

I had a seat in the 13th row in the front centre block (swapped with a lady whose husband had the seat next to me in the 11th block - don't know why they were given seats apart from each other) and, unlike at Cardiff, people were determined to stand for about half of the show spoiling it for others. I remained seated (making do with the big screen) as those behind me were having to stand, and if I had, (being 6' 2" tall) I would have blocked their view completely.

Hanks sound was good in the first half, but I think they must have tweaked something during the interval, as his sound in the second half was superb - I could feel the hairs standing up on the back of my neck during Apache.

It's sad to think that this is the last time that I will see the band live. Just hope that Bruce has the energy to continue with Shadowmanias for years to come ;)

Richard.
Sleepwalker63

Re: M.E.N

Postby JoeShadbolt » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:22 pm

I was there with Telegraphroad and Co from the cheshire club, As he cannot get online at the moment he told me to say it was amazing, and i have to agree its certainly the best i've heard them play, the tone seemed a bit warmer and more vintage maybe due to using the AC30 again. Lots of people singing along proving they've still got it, loved the video at the beginning and the lighting and graphics on the screen. Hank was absolubtly on fire and didnt hold back, although i did notice an unmuted note in atlanis that should have been muted ;) but for 68 nearly 69 years of age fantastic couldnt have asked for more from them. I have a few piccys from the show that i'll try and upload later on if they're not to bad, joe
JoeShadbolt

Return to The Shadows