Postby Didier » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 pm

KurtFroberg wrote:Just preordered!

So did I

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Re: The Shadows At The BBC - A Few Thoughts

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 pm

Bringing back to top because the subject came up again!
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby drakula63 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:36 pm

I thought it might be a good idea, all things considered, to bring THIS back to the top!!!
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby drakula63 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Arpeggio wrote:Aaahh! Jayne! Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot. Re: aforementioned 'grey area' CD - all I did was to inform fans of its existence. Nothing more. Nothing less. Believe me, i have approached / reminded EMI about the BBC project several times since 2002. None of it has led anywhere & the BBC themselves are equally intransigent. Leaving aside the 'Bernie Andrews Tapes' (which, as I said - John Beecher could issue or 'lease' right now) - the BBC themselves have 27 tracks in fine quality sound: Dance On! / Nivram (1963), The Warlord / T R & F O F Bunt / I W I C S L M S Arthur (1965), I Met A Girl / Shindig / Lady Penelope / S.O.T.Socks (1966), Jigsaw / T Waltz / Bombay Duck / S, C & H Y Dad? / T W Roses / Lara's Theme (1967), Evening Glow / N N Nights / D O Mrs Bell (1968), Apache (1973) + The John Peel Sounds On Sunday sessions from 1974. A release which fans would gladly purchase. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to stop the BBC releasing those tracks. I just wish that they would. They blocked the 1959 - 1962 material 10 years ago.....but it's currently out of copyright. RollerCoaster?? Where are you?? Fans are desperate to hear the glorious talents of Hank, Bruce, Jet, Tony, Brian and John during the BBC era. That's all any of us want - pure and simple.

Bests....Rob

Interesting.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Previous

Return to The Shadows