It's been a while now

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

It's been a while now

Postby Twang46 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:02 pm

The other night after some encouragement from Ron ( a guy I made contact with through Charlie Hall's site) I ventured out to one of the local clubs where Ron & his friend Dave rent the concert room to reherse & play (mostly, but not all Shads type music).
After speaking on the phone & email Ron asked me to come down & plug my guitar in & "have a go" & last night I went down to see them.
They have a full set of gear with ac30's & pa etc.. & Ron & Dave do occasional "charity" type shows for pleasure as the Ghostriders.
5 mins after walking in & introducing myself I found myself up on the stage bashing away at Wondeful Land with Dave playing rythym & Ron working the bt/pa.
It is about 42 years since I stood on a stage with a guitar & apart from some nerves I really enjoyed myself.
My thanks to Ron & Dave for giving me the chance to get back "up there" & for all the encouragement & hopefully it will become a regular event for me.
I've got my homework to do, get some bt's sorted, practice standing up playing etc..
So, to all of you out there who only play "in the bedroom" if you ever get the chance GET OUT AND PLAY !!
I'm 63 now & have only played around with guitars for the last year or so after a 40 year lay off & the arthritus bugs me nowadays, but I enjoyed every minute of it & can't wait to go back.

Thanks Ron & Dave ( and the Shads community as a whole for all the encouragement/advice etc..)

Dick
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Re: It's been a while now

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Great stuff Dick, that was what the various Shadows Clubs were set up to encourage. Are you not close by to two of them? no excuses now. ;)
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby ecca » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Well done Dick !
ecca

Postby tonykiek » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Dick,

I am really pleased and happy to read your posting. This is what the Shads clubs and this website are all about. None of us are not going to live forever, and it is just fantastic that you have, as have many others, rekindled the thrill and excitement of getting up on stage again and making music. And best of all, making new mates who all want to do the same thing. Have fun.

I wish you all the best from "down under" in Ozzieland.

P.S. which club did you go to?

Tony, in Sydney, Oz.
tonykiek

Full Real Name: Tony Kiek

Postby David Martin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:22 am

Splendid, Dick... keep at it now!
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Twang46 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. :D

Alan, yes of course you are right, there are 2 clubs within comfortable reach, Newcastle being the closest & Newbiggin another 20 or so miles north. 8-)

Tony, it's not a club, just a couple of guys renting some time in a concert room to play music.

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Return to The Shadows