Phil Kelly Shadowmania 2012

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Phil Kelly Shadowmania 2012

Postby phil kelly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 pm

In relation to the thread posted some 2 weeks ago stating Shadowmania 2012 sadly is to be the last one , i wish to make it known that i will not be playing lead guitar at this years convention, this was also decided 2 weeks ago ,but until now there has been no mention of it ,so this can set the record straight.
Some of you that know me are aware my health has not been the best the last few months, and for those of you good enough to contact me with well wishes and support i am very grateful for that and thankyou all, it is very appreciated, at times like this you certainly find out who your friends are.
I am not terribly ill as rumours may state, i do need and will recieve an operation later on this year, the sad fact is through the medication i am indeed considerably much better and feel sure sept 15th would not have been a problem to me, being still 4 weeks to go.
Thank you for all the support throughout the years, its been a ball and it will not be the same not being there with you all, especially as its the final one.
Phil Kelly.
phil kelly

Full Real Name: phil kelly

Re: Phil Kelly Shadowmania 2012

Postby neil2726 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Sorry to hear of your health problems Phil, we aill all miss you! Hope all goes well for the future. Can anyone shed any light on who will be on lead for this last event?
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi Phil
Sorry to hear you havent been to well but pleased to hear you are feeling better with the medication.
You will be missed at the Mania but hope you will attend.
Anyway Phil get well soon.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby Iain Purdon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't know you, Phil, but I have enjoyed your terrific performances over the years and I am sorry you won't be there to bow out in style. Thank you for all you have done to maintain the highest standards of lead guitar playing for our annual enjoyment. You have always pulled it off excellently, without the slightest hint of upstaging Bruce whose event it is. That's a hard thing to achieve and a huge credit to you.

I hope all goes well for your treatment and that we shall have other opportunities to enjoy your playing when you're fully recovered and ready.

Best wishes - Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby panchodiaz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Phill, sorry to hear that. I hope you will be completely recovered soon. I never was at Shadowmania but I´ve seen many videos of you and the band and I always admired your playing style and the humble person you are. My best wishes.
Pancho
panchodiaz

Full Real Name: Francisco Diaz Paniagua

Postby dave robinson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:46 pm

phil kelly wrote:In relation to the thread posted some 2 weeks ago stating Shadowmania 2012 sadly is to be the last one , i wish to make it known that i will not be playing lead guitar at this years convention, this was also decided 2 weeks ago ,but until now there has been no mention of it ,so this can set the record straight.
Some of you that know me are aware my health has not been the best the last few months, and for those of you good enough to contact me with well wishes and support i am very grateful for that and thankyou all, it is very appreciated, at times like this you certainly find out who your friends are.
I am not terribly ill as rumours may state, i do need and will recieve an operation later on this year, the sad fact is through the medication i am indeed considerably much better and feel sure sept 15th would not have been a problem to me, being still 4 weeks to go.
Thank you for all the support throughout the years, its been a ball and it will not be the same not being there with you all, especially as its the final one.
Phil Kelly.

Sorry to hear that Phil, I hope you are OK. I'm not sure that I or we have heard any rumours about your health, so it's difficult to comment. You say that it was decided at the same time as Bruce made his announcement about it being the last Shadowmania, but who decided exactly ? The implication about who your friends are suggests that you want to answer the question, so I have asked.
I won't be there either but I hope the majority have a good time and that it is a good experience.

Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Garystrat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi Phil

Sorry to hear of your health problems and that they have prevented your playing lead at what is to be the last Shadowmania, in previous years you have always put in a brilliant performance that has brought a truly memorable experience to many fans.

Wishing you well for your forthcoming operation and a speedy return to full health in the near future.

Best regards

Gary
Garystrat

Full Real Name: Gary Willmott

Postby keithmantle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi Phil, Sorry to hear about your illness, I was looking forward to meeting you in person after the Meazzi/AC30/Trans heads contact, hope all goes well in the future. Your brilliant playing will be missed. regards Keith
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby tommybird » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Phil,
Sorry to hear you have been unwell, and hope you are on the road to recovery. Diane and I send you our good wishes for the future and hope the operation you have later in the year goes well.

We have enjoyed listening to your guitar playing over the years at Shadowmania, and our chats about " That Sound "

Cheers
Tommy from Newcastle.
Northumberland Shadows Guitar Club
tommybird

Full Real Name: tommy bird

Postby Hank2k » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Shocked by your post Phil, I do hope your ok, have never met you but have great respect for your playing and your nailing of that sound, hoping you will be at the Essex clubs agm still and if so will very much look forward to it, all the best
Hank2k

Next

Return to The Shadows