Phil Kelly Shadowmania 2012

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

Re: Phil Kelly Shadowmania 2012

Postby Pat Seaman » 15 Aug 2012, 18:22

Hi Phil,

So sorry to hear your news, just make sure that you look after yourself.

Will you be going to ShadowMania anyway? I'm sure that everyone would be delighted to see you there.

All the best, mate.

Pat.
Pat Seaman

Postby Rick50 » 15 Aug 2012, 19:08

Hi Phil, Joyce and I are sorry to hear of your health problems, do hope that the operation goes well and that you have a comfortable and speedy recovery. We look forward to seeing you playing again somewhere as soon as you are ready. It has always been a pleasure to talk to you.... (and on one occasion to join with others playing along with you - all of us suddenly raised our level!)...and of course to hear your highly skilled guitar work, over many years.
:geek: Rick & Joyce
Rick50

Postby s4wgb » 15 Aug 2012, 19:26

Get well soon Phil.Have enjoyed your playing through the years with Reflections.Tangent,Local heroes,etc.
You have had always had time to speak.
Hope to speak to you soon.
Best wishes
Stuart
s4wgb

Postby nivram106 » 15 Aug 2012, 20:04

Hi Phil
Having met you a few years ago at the 'Mania' I know that you are a genuine guy and a great guitarist. I cannot make the last one due to work commitments (a great pity). I hope your health improves to a full recovery. Thank you for so many happy memories and I think Bruce will find it very difficult to replace you, there is someone who could possibly cope, his name is Hank, not sure of the surname but not a bad guitarist!

Best Wishes
Jim :(
nivram106

Postby donna plasky » 15 Aug 2012, 21:47

Dear Phil: My name is Donna and I am a Shadows fan from the US. I am a great fan of your work -- I have watched many of the Moonlight Shadows' videos from Shadowmania and I'm a big Tangent fan as well. I am very sorry to hear of your illness and I join the others in wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Since you are one of Bruce's Moonlight Shadows -- you are family -- so please know that those of us who love the Shadows love you, too.

I am sure that you must feel sad about not performing in the final Shadowmania, but please try not to feel bad about it. You absolutely must do whatever is best for your health. There is nothing more important than that.

If you can, please let us know how you are doing further down the road...we will all be wishing you the best. Get well soon.

Kind regards,
Donna
donna plasky

Postby bassboogie » 15 Aug 2012, 23:27

Hi Phil,

Sorry, sad and shocked.
It's not only your contribution to Shadowmania, but your visits to clubs, and local gigs were much appreciated and hopefully that will continue.
Wish you a swift recovery.

Regards, Luigi
Last edited by bassboogie on 16 Aug 2012, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
bassboogie

Postby marvwelch » 16 Aug 2012, 01:21

So sorry to read you`re news Phil . I`ve seen you at Shadowmania and i bear in mind you`re fantastic contribution and personality made it more than worthwile . Thankyou kindly for being in my life and allowing me to hear you`re very elite guitar playing . Get well mate and God bless . Ron Wood
marvwelch

Postby Geoff_W » 16 Aug 2012, 09:06

So sorry to hear this Phil, you will be missed by everyone. All the best for the future and may you soon be back to full health.
Take care
Geoff
Geoff_W

Postby Didier » 16 Aug 2012, 09:08

phil kelly wrote:In relation to the thread posted some 2 weeks ago stating Shadowmania 2012 sadly is to be the last one , i wish to make it known that i will not be playing lead guitar at this years convention,

This is very bad news, but take care of your health first. I never had the opportunity to come to Shadowmania, but I was in Vif (France) in 2008 when you played there with Bruce, and I greatly enjoyed it (despite a broken string at the end !).

Didier
Didier

Postby iefje » 16 Aug 2012, 09:31

Maybe Barry Gibson will be Phil's replacement.
iefje

PreviousNext

Return to The Main Board