Phil Kelly & Shadowmania

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Phil Kelly & Shadowmania

Postby robin_drums » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 pm

This is obviously a very emotive subject. From Phil Kelly's own e-mail,that has been posted, in it he says he has bouts of loss of memory and vision defects. How would he feel if in the middle of the performance he went totally blank? Devastated is the answer. And how would the audience feel if the performance was not up to the usual Bruce Welch high standard? Again devastated. Particularly if this is to be the last ever Shadowmania. I think Bruce has made the correct decision, I'm sure regretfully, not having Phil Kelly play and for all the right reasons with Phil Kelly's, and the audience's best interests in mind.

Like everyone else I wish Phil kelly a speedy recovery.

As far as a replacement for the spot of lead guitar someone mentioned Mark Griffiths. I think he would be a fantastic cover of Hank's role. Having heard him play 6 string on a number of occasions I think he would be fantastic.
robin_drums

Re: Phil Kelly & Shadowmania

Postby dave robinson » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 pm

As much as I have the utmost respect for Phil and have offered him support, I have had conversations with people who know and have learned a few things that I think changes the situation a lot. I am not going to write here what I have heard, other than to say that the statement made by David Martin few days ago about 'tough love' couldn't be truer.
Everyone needs to leave it at that and wish Bruce well in getting Shadowmania organised as best he can, given the situation.
It goes without saying that we wish Phil a full and speedy recovery.
Thanking you for your understanding. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to The Shadows