Phil Kelly & Shadowmania

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Phil Kelly & Shadowmania

Postby donna plasky » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 am

JimN wrote:This is SILLY. Let's have a bit of respect for Bruce and the fantastic show he will put on for us.

I rather agree with Jim. I'd like to respect Bruce and his decisions, whatever and why-ever they may be. I still support Phil and I don't want his feelings to be hurt. Although I have never had the good fortune to attend a Shadowmania, this video is how I will remember Shadowmania. I certainly can't speak for Bruce, as I've never even met him, but I think perhaps this is how he would like us to remember the show as well.

I hope my opinion has not offended anyone, but I support Bruce 100%. Bruce is the only person who knows all the facts. Even my words are purely conjecture. I don't know anything.

Humbly,
Donna

donna plasky

Full Real Name: Donna Plasky

Postby MickyD » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:04 am

Shadowmaina without Phil Kelly- No Rapiers - No Colin Pryce Jones..come on!
MickyD

Postby alewis41 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:56 am

What ever the rights and wrongs of this situation I'm amazed that no-one has pointed out the perils of posting negative comments about Shadowmania on this site. Doesn't anyone remember what can happen?
alewis41

Full Real Name: Andrew Lewis

Postby Mike Honey » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:19 am

I remember years ago my band played the Reading blues festival. Six weeks before ,our bassist broke his leg and was in plaster from foot to hip. He was quite capable of playing the gig but, (as 'leader' of the band) I wouldnt let him. It caused some bad feeling for a while but he got over it realising that the show we put on wouldnt have been the same. C'est la vie; Perhaps this is a similar situation (or maybe i am a hard b00ta00d!!!!) :geek: :evil: :evil:

mike
Mike Honey

Postby captainhaddock » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:01 am

alewis41 wrote:What ever the rights and wrongs of this situation I'm amazed that no-one has pointed out the perils of posting negative comments about Shadowmania on this site. Doesn't anyone remember what can happen?

I was never able to attend Shadowmania because of work and family.
I'd love to know what happens when people have posted negative comments about Shadowmania. Horses head in your bed perhaps ?
captainhaddock

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 am

Speaking as one of Alan's Lurkers I am grateful to Phil, admire his talent and sympathise with him in the current circumstances.

Every time any Shadows musician has been below par for whatever reason he has been replaced. Tony, Jet, Alan being the most prominent examples. Whether it's 'right' or not is a matter of opinion, impossible to assess without knowing all sides of it. All we do know is that a decision has been made. That's showbiz. 

I am as sad for Phil as anybody and I wish him the best of recoveries. 

Let's not lose sight of Bruce's own health and the reason he is reluctantly bringing Shadowmania to an end. 

It's been a fantastic ride all these years. Look at all the great players we've come to know. Phil Kelly stands prominently among them. Without one man's drive and persistence, we simply would not have this history. 
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Martin Page » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:26 am

Just for the record there have been 12 Shadowmanias up to 2011: 1998 to 2011 with no SM in 2004 & 2009.

Martin.
Martin Page

Postby alanbakewell » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:30 am

Martin Page wrote:Just for the record there have been 12 Shadowmanias up to 2011: 1998 to 2011 with no SM in 2004 & 2009.

Martin.

And the colour of the underpants was............... :D :D :lol:
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby kipper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:38 am

alewis41 wrote:What ever the rights and wrongs of this situation I'm amazed that no-one has pointed out the perils of posting negative comments about Shadowmania on this site. Doesn't anyone remember what can happen?

what are the perils on posting negitive comments, thats a new one on me. :? peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby dave robinson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:39 am

Martin Page wrote:Just for the record there have been 12 Shadowmanias up to 2011: 1998 to 2011 with no SM in 2004 & 2009.

Martin.

Really ? As far as Phil is concerned there are thirteen, they did one over in Canada. :roll:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows