Hank Marvin cd...

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank Marvin cd...

Postby ernie1958 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:50 pm

8-) Hey lads..does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Marvin at the movies" by Hank Marvin?
Seems to be "out of stock" as far as I've searched the net...maybe might have overlooked something.. :think:

Ernie
Last edited by ernie1958 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ernie1958

Re: Hank Marvin cd...

Postby Peter K » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Ernie,

did you check the website of " Leo's Den " ?

Regards Peter K
Peter K

Postby d jones » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi Ernie 2 copies on Ebay at the moment a bit on the dear side £12.50 starting bid or £23 .00 buy now,also 4 copies on Amazon starting at £19. It does come up quiet often on Ebay though, hope this helps all the best!

dave
d jones

Postby dobroman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Ernie,

It is also available on Amazon, although a bit expensive for the CD, you can download the album as MP3s.

Regards

Brian
dobroman

Full Real Name: Brian Ford

Postby dobroman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Sorry Ernie,

forgot to say that if you want the backing tracks, they are available on the "VML Easy-Mute" website.

Regards

Brian
dobroman

Full Real Name: Brian Ford

Postby ernie1958 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:12 pm

8-) Thanks guys..good info here....will do some checking out ebay on that album... ;)
Btw...is there any other Hank Marvin album that includes the tune "Sound of Silence" ? :think:
I would like to hear the original recording so we can add it to my band's repetoire! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Ernie
ernie1958

Postby Didier » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 am

ernie1958 wrote:Btw...is there any other Hank Marvin album that includes the tune "Sound of Silence" ?

No, it's only on the "Hank Marvin at the Movies" CD, and the BT is not featured on the corresponding BT album (Marvin Mastertrax).

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Stratpicker » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 pm

There have been a couple of very good "Sound Of Slience" BTs independently produced now for this mising Marvin At The Movies BT.
My understanding of why it is missing from Mastertrax is that Simon & Garfunkel refused permission to allow it be be used just as a backing track in case people were not capable of making a good job of playing it and it spoiled their (S&Gs) reputation. Get a Life, guys!!!
cheers
Ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby bgohara » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:11 pm

Stratpicker wrote:There have been a couple of very good "Sound Of Slience" BTs independently produced now for this mising Marvin At The Movies BT.
My understanding of why it is missing from Mastertrax is that Simon & Garfunkel refused permission to allow it be be used just as a backing track in case people were not capable of making a good job of playing it and it spoiled their (S&Gs) reputation. Get a Life, guys!!!
cheers
Ian

Ian - yes - I seem to remember a story going round that Paul Simon didn't allow these sort of things. Which was a shame as it was one of the best tracks on the album. I learned to play it (though couldn't get the little acoustic bit in the middle to sound just right)! there were some nice little acoustic guitar breaks on that album - there's another one in the middle of 'you only live twice' - too fast for me!!
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby Didier » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:36 pm

Stratpicker wrote:My understanding of why it is missing from Mastertrax is that Simon & Garfunkel refused permission to allow it be be used just as a backing track in case people were not capable of making a good job of playing it and it spoiled their (S&Gs) reputation. Get a Life, guys!!!

Which is rather strange, as at the time of the release of Marvin's Mastertrax CD, there was already karaoke backings available for this tune. May be that those who published them didn't ask for permission ! :?

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Return to The Shadows