Senior Moment Or What-----HELP ! ! !

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Senior Moment Or What-----HELP ! ! !

Postby ernie1958 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:21 pm

8-) Happens to the best of us Derek...old age my @ss.. :lol: The thing that still mixes me up is "Atlantis" and "Wonderful Land"..
I for some reason confuse the two until I hear the first few notes of the intro.. :shock: then I'm ok again.. :mrgreen:

Ernie
ernie1958

Postby Pat Seaman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:57 am

That's a relief, I thought I was on my own!

Pat.
Pat Seaman

Postby apache » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:48 pm

This is a very strange phenomenon..............
Like all of us I have made mistakes and at the time you wonder why you go wrong in a tune you have played for years.
Well for my twopence worth, I believe there are two distinct reasons, one is maybe I'm getting Old (Oh yes we know, I hear you all agree) but also I find that a lapse in concentration causes mistakes too.
Mind you it seems harder to concentrate as you get older.......Circles......
Cheers
HH
apache

Full Real Name: Harry Howden

Postby Paulps » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Those of you who were at Derby last month, may have noticed a strange silence or two in the Frightened City where there should be a little Bass riff. I can't blame alcohol (I was drinking Lemonade) or say it was too late at night (it was mid-afternoon) it can't be my age (I'm only 62) so my only excuse is; er, I've forgotten,. Oh yes. I didn't rehearse it cos I wasn't supposed to be playing that song! :oops: :roll:
Paulps

Postby MeBHank » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Paulps wrote:Those of you who were at Derby last month, may have noticed a strange silence or two in the Frightened City where there should be a little Bass riff. I can't blame alcohol (I was drinking Lemonade) or say it was too late at night (it was mid-afternoon) it can't be my age (I'm only 62) so my only excuse is; er, I've forgotten,. Oh yes. I didn't rehearse it cos I wasn't supposed to be playing that song! :oops: :roll:

Are you sure it wasn't distraction and/or horror due to the shock of realising you were in Derby? :shock: ;)

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby AlanMcKillop » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:12 pm

It happens to the 'good' players as well. I remember in Blackpool (2000 or 2001) when Ian McCutcheon (sorry Ian) was playing Dance On with 'Lic' and he had 4 attempts before he got it right and as you say, his mind just went blank.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby alewis41 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 pm

I was at a concert watching a Grammy award winning songwriter who forgot the words to a song she had written and asked the audience if anyone knew how the next line went.
alewis41

Full Real Name: Andrew Lewis

Postby Amanda » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Martin,

It could be worse they may have settled on Block instead! :lol:

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby neil2726 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:07 pm

A further thought on this subjet! As mentioned earlier it seems that we blank out when the mind wanders to other things - a lack of concentration! Has anyone noticed that at times the mind can wander - your not concentrating - and yet you play perfectly! :)
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby MeBHank » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:30 pm

neil2726 wrote:A further thought on this subjet! As mentioned earlier it seems that we blank out when the mind wanders to other things - a lack of concentration! Has anyone noticed that at times the mind can wander - your not concentrating - and yet you play perfectly! :)

You can tell when Hank goes into that mode. His eyes glaze but he still plays accurately. It was more apparent when he was on his solo tours.

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows