£25.000 to spare!

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN, dave robinson

Re: £25.000 to spare!

Postby Fiesta Red Burns » 06 Nov 2009, 14:17

1 Question to the seller was . On the documentation ? who paid £22,000 for the guitar.
Reply from seller . It was bought from Hanks Management Company . And thay were Firm on £22,000. And i have all the details of the payments from current Owner.
Fiesta Red Burns

Postby Amanda » 06 Nov 2009, 14:25

For me it's still a vintage guitar for that price, one that will
appreciate in value for years to come! Rather than a custom shop edition at that price.

I think I'd want Tuition off Hank in person for that much!

Why did I throw all those wheel meazzis I had away!

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Postby OLDEREK » 06 Nov 2009, 14:50

I wonder if this thread had not been started would the seller recieve the questions he has, they don't seem to be the type of questions the normal buyer asks, they are more tongue in cheek, I think the seller has been very good in his replies.
This Guitar is as it's stated, and is real in every sense..........These days there are a lot of people that have that kind of dosh and it would be just like parting with the change in their pocket, who ever ends up with this guitar I know for certain it will be a pleasure for them to own........... :D
OLDEREK

Postby bor64 » 06 Nov 2009, 15:15

Peeps go to the guitar and amp section and reed the threat about the customshop strats...
You can see 00 in Hank's guitarrack.
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Postby ScouserJoe » 06 Nov 2009, 15:43

Hi Derek,

You obviously have greater faith in human nature than I do. Given the experience of my dealings with this fellow and the nature and content of his replies I wouldn't even show him my wallet, let alone any money in it. There are elements of the description which one might say are questionable, and although his feedback shows 100%, his reliability is put into question by one buyer who disputes the accuracy of a description and one who claims he never received his goods (so how do you manage to get 100% !!). As you say, none of the questions appear to be from serious buyers - most probably from members of this site - and I very much doubt it well sell through the E-Bay system. Anyone even with this kind of money as 'loose change' will want to see what he is buying before handing it over. The seller has certainly received a lot of attention, but not all of it of the kind he might have wanted. It's a pity the real owner didn't make himself known - or sell the guitar himself - the sale might then have been a much more straight forward matter than it is proving to be.
ScouserJoe

Postby kenuk » 06 Nov 2009, 16:54

Hi Ian he gets 100% feedback because it is now assessed on the last 12mths trading so anything before is not counted . Regards Ken
kenuk

Postby ScouserJoe » 06 Nov 2009, 17:12

Thanks Ken,

That's interesting. You learn something new every day ! :roll: :roll:
ScouserJoe

Postby kenuk » 09 Nov 2009, 18:57

Auction ended with no bids regards Ken
kenuk

Previous

Return to The Main Board