Cillf & the Shads in Paris

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Cillf & the Shads in Paris

Postby Didier » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:51 am

Just back from a great concert. According to friends who went to Liverpool, the sound was much better in Paris. More details later.
Time to go to sleep !

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Re: Cillf & the Shads in Paris

Postby Didier » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:40 am

Despite a total lack of promotion (not a single interview on French TV or elsewhere), the Palais des Congrès in Paris was full. The concert was excellent with Cliff and the Shads full of energy. A couple of friends who didn't know them much were delighted by the performance.
The audience was more disciplined than what has been reported about some of the UK concerts, only a few over-enthusiastic ladies in the first row stood up during a large part of the concert, but the auditorium having stadium seating, it was an inconvenience only for those just behind them.
I was in the middle of the auditorium, and enjoyed excellent sound and visibility.
The set list was the same as during the firt part of the tour, and instrumental numbers recieved an enthusiastic response.

You can see here a sample of their performance : http://www.4shared.com/file/148314557/a ... -09_R.html

Didier
Last edited by Didier on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Didier

Postby OLDEREK » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi Didier thanks for posting the link, great.......It made me laugh at 2.41 to see Hank move in that way, just shows how he felt at the time, he was really having fun.......... :D
OLDEREK

Postby kenuk » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi Some movethat was I wonder what you would call it great stuff wish I was there .Ken
kenuk

Postby Alainlafrance » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:43 pm

The Best Show according to a couple of British fans(60% Shadows/40% Cliff) who attended all the concerts in UK and will attend most of the following ones down to NZ.
I must say that The Palais Des Congrès has outstanding acoustics for a 3000 seats Hall.
Dream came true last night.
Alain
Alainlafrance

Postby Pierre TEODORI » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Hello Didier,

Unfortunately, I couldn't attend this concert, but I watched the videos on You Tube, and it seems the concert was really great, and so the atmosphere and the enthusiasm of the audience. I just hope the DVD will be great too, though it would have been perhaps better if it was recorded later in the tour.
Thanks for your report.
Amitiés
Pierre
Pierre TEODORI

Postby Didier » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Pierre TEODORI wrote:Hello Didier,

Unfortunately, I couldn't attend this concert, but I watched the videos on You Tube, and it seems the concert was really great, and so the atmosphere and the enthusiasm of the audience. I just hope the DVD will be great too, though it would have been perhaps better if it was recorded later in the tour.
Thanks for your report.
Amitiés
Pierre

Hi Pierre,
Just too bad you couldn't attend this concert, it was great. We were several to notice that the applauses were slightly louder for the Shadows' intrumental than for Cliff's songs !

I have not received yet the DVD, but those who have it already say it's great. I guess that the DVD editor wished to release the DVD as soon as possible. It's not a bad idea to have it available before the end of the tour.

Cheers,

Didier
Didier

Re: Cliff & the Shads in Paris

Postby Pierre TEODORI » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Yes Didier,

I'm also waiting for the DVD and surely it will be great. I agree with you: it's good for the sales of the DVD to be issued before the end of the tour.
I've already played at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, and the sound was good.
Kind regards.
Pierre
Pierre TEODORI

Postby ecca » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:55 pm

How's the band Pierre ?
ecca

Postby kittycph » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi Didier
Nice to hear that they are still playing great.
kittycph

Next

Return to The Shadows