Cliff & The Shadows in Brussels, Belgium

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Cliff & The Shadows in Brussels, Belgium

Postby Bartgitaar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey everybody, I went to yesterday's concert in Brussels Vorst Nationaal, and I must say, I had the time of my life there. Cliff is still shakin' and The Shads still have their SOUND. The harmonies were great and the songs were super. I never thought that after 50 years, they would still sound so fresh. It seems they haven't aged one bit. I really enjoyed every second of it.
Too bad it was the last time.

Greetz
Bart
Bartgitaar

Re: Cliff & The Shadows in Brussels, Belgium

Postby Tim » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Bart
It's a fantastic show isn't it. Love for them to do it again sometime - my only fear is it may not be as good! You can't better perfection.
Regards
Tim
Tim

Postby Bartgitaar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:45 pm

You are sure rigbt Tim.

There is one thing I noticed though, and maybe someone can get me some explenation. I saw Hank and Bruce use TWO vox amps each. Why on earth is that ? Is it because they use more than one guitar, or is it for more volume on stage or is there another reason ?

Greetz
Bart
Bartgitaar

Postby Didier » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Bartgitaar wrote:There is one thing I noticed though, and maybe someone can get me some explenation. I saw Hank and Bruce use TWO vox amps each. Why on earth is that ? Is it because they use more than one guitar, or is it for more volume on stage or is there another reason ?

Thet didn't use Vox amps, but JMI amps (OK, they look the same). I rather think there is one active and one spare.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Bartgitaar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:32 am

Thank you Didier, that might be the answer. I never heard of JMI amps though. I'll have to look them up on the net. Tnanx for the info.
Bartgitaar

Postby Didier » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:42 am

Bartgitaar wrote:I never heard of JMI amps though. I'll have to look them up on the net.

Look here : http://www.jmiamplification.com/

Didier
Didier

Postby dave robinson » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm

I was told that both Bruce and Hank are indeed using each of the pair of JMI amps in the concert. Bruce has one for his acoustic and the other for his Strat.
Hank has one for normal use and the other for the tremolo sounds. Anybody confirm or deny ?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Didier » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm

dave robinson wrote:I was told that both Bruce and Hank are indeed using each of the pair of JMI amps in the concert. Bruce has one for his acoustic and the other for his Strat.
Hank has one for normal use and the other for the tremolo sounds. Anybody confirm or deny ?

Don't know about that, but although most comments were made on Hank's sound only, it should be said that Bruce has a very good sound !

Didier
Didier

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm

If you check out the 'gallery', John M's pics show both Hank's amps being mic'd whilst Bruce seems to have just one (left as you look) mic'd up.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby MeBHank » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:02 pm

I would expect Bruce to be DI'd into the desk. An acoustic played through a valve amp designed for electric guitars normally sounds horrible. I have been in contact with someone who has done some work behind the scenes for the tour, and he was talking to me about "main" and "spare" amps. So I would assume Bruce's second AC30 to just be a spare. I believe, as already suggested, that Hank switches between the two amps for Voice in the Wilderness, but that the second amp is also there as a spare in case he has a problem with his main one.

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Next

Return to The Shadows