Your Personal Data and the New Law

Please read before you post

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Your Personal Data and the New Law

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Hello members and fellow Shadows fans

We have obligations under the UK’s post-Brexit version of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

By joining as a member of this site you are giving consent for ShadowMusic to process and use your personal information. We undertake to keep your information confidential.

We can post freely here, so we all share the responsibility to maintain each others' data privacy.

It is very tempting to help an enquiry on the site by posting another person's contact details. Indeed, the other person may be perfectly happy about it. However, we cannot assume that, so here is a simple guideline to keep us all legally safe.

Please do not post other people's contact information.

It's OK for you to publish your phone number, email address etc if you want to. However, to use myself as an example, it's not OK for me to publish your details. If I do, I am in breach of the GDPR. Instead, I could contact you directly, or use the private message system with discretion or direct enquirers to an existing public source (such as your website).

If you are concerned about your own data privacy or wish to withdraw consent for us to hold it, please get in touch with Admin or any of the Moderators named on the board.

I thank you!

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Return to Welcome and Guidelines