Gallery problem and workaround

Announcements about changes, known bugs, scheduled downtime and anything else about the forums

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Gallery problem and workaround

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:07 am

There is a problem in the gallery where, if a large image is uploaded and is resized on upload, a server error 500 is generated. To prevent this happening I have disabled resizing and allowed for images with a maximum size of 4096x4096 pixels. If an attempt is made to upload an image bigger than this the upload is refused.

A side effect of this is that some very large images may not display. If this happens, please resize the image and upload again.

Once I've found the program which does the resizing, found out how it works and fixed it, I'll re-enable that feature.

Technical Note
When an image was too large and was resized, sometimes - not always - the resizing program was unable to resize it. However the program appears to assume it is always successful so doesn't return an error. The gallery therefore asks the server to display the image which doesn't exist, hence the server error 500 message.

Bob.
Admin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Site Admin

Re: Gallery problem and workaround

Postby David Martin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks Bob...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Return to Board Admin