Greetings from Canada

Where you can have your say about anything to do with the site

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Greetings from Canada

Postby futuredrifter84 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Hello there to all members

Just joined, live in Canada.

My brother in law introduced me to The Shadows a few months ago and now I have started to learn their music, I think its great to play and is easy to listen to.

I may need some help with the settings on my amp and will ask the question once I have a handle on what the sound is am I trying to get with my Strat.

Thanks for having me

Dan
futuredrifter84

Re: Greetings from Canada

Postby Hank2k » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum, any questions please feel free to ask

Thanks

Regards

Steve
Hank2k

Postby Bob Withrington » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Hi Dan,

I don't whereabouts in Canada you are but I know quite a few guys who used to be active members of the Toronto Shadows Club before it disbanded. I played a gig with them in Oakville ON in May of this year whilst on holiday there visiting relations. It was a great night with all of my cousins from Hamilton & Brampton attending.

Cheers,

Bob Withrington (Surrey Shadows Club)
Bob Withrington

Postby futuredrifter84 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Bob

that is very close to me. I live in the cottage country east of Orillia and have a house me and my wife built on a lake. I love fishing so it only seemed right to build where I love to be and when I play guitar and hit off note there is nobody around to hear it, well the wife hears me but she is my biggest fan.

I had no idea there was a club in Toronto, my brother in law didn't know either, to bad they disbanded I would love to have gone to meet the guys.

If I need any help I will contact you.

Thanks for the welcome

Dan
futuredrifter84

Return to Members' Comments