Burns Club Series Steer Cutaway

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns Club Series Steer Cutaway

Postby RayL » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:49 am

The latest Guitar & Bass (dated May 2015) includes a review of another of Barry's tweaks on an existing model. This time it's the Steer, now in white with a brown tortoiseshell scratchplate.

A few years ago I was interested in the Steer and tried one in Macari's Charing Cross Road shop. After a few moments I realised that there was a big difference in level between the two pickups and this rather put me off. Although there was also a difference in tone, the effect was more like the Rhythm/Solo switch on my Burns Artist. In the review, Marcus Leadley makes this same point though he offers one or two situations where this could be an advantage. He also likes the amount of case candy (and the case itself, in 'silver snakeskin tolex').
Ray
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Re: Burns Club Series Steer Cutaway

Postby George Geddes » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:06 pm

Yes, for the Marvin owner who wants a matching acoustic...

On an unreleated note, my copy of Guitar and bass and my copy of Guitarist on the same day. Had I been going off on the train to Pipeline tomorrow, that would have been my reading for the journey sorted. But obviously I'm not, so I wish the publishers would come to an agreement to stagger the publication dates a wee bit. perhaps they don't want their 'exclusives' trumped by the opposition?

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Return to Burns