Rezo o' Tube surround?

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Rezo o' Tube surround?

Postby Paisley » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Almost embarrassed to ask this, but I've just spent the whole night googling it & came up blank - what do Burns call the small section of guard/plate that surrounds the Rezo o' Tube Tremolo near the end of the Guitar?

Basically I've recently acquired a Burns (my first) with the RoT Trem & it doesn't have that part with it. I've seen photos of the model I have & it did come new with that part, albeit detached (I bought mine second hand). I'm not sure if it's purely cosmetic, or if it might serve to protect the edges of the Trem cavity from the plate hitting them (which it does often), but either way I'd be keen to buy a replacement part from Burns - only problem is I have no idea what to ask for! :oops:

Thought I'd ask here first, before I hit Burns up & possibly give them a huge laugh at my expense (lol). :D :D

Cheers.
Paisley

Re: Rezo o' Tube surround?

Postby neil2726 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Tremolo surround plate maybe or tremolo surround guard - Im sure they will know what you mean!
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby JimN » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:27 am

You can get that part from Eddy Cross Jnr.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby johnto » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi Dash

If it's the black plastic surround I ordered mine direct from Burns and just described it as the "black plastic surround". I've always found Barry and his team at Burns very helpful.

All the best
John
johnto

Return to Burns