Burns marquee club...

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns marquee club...

Postby Gadget boy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Hello, I have laid my hands on a Burns marquee classics with point classic tremolo system. I recall seeing something recently that the contact block was in some cases made of zinc alloy instead of steel...my Burns falls into that bracket...is there any way to get hold of a steel contact block or one that could be machined?..any help would be appreciated..
Gadget boy

Re: Burns marquee club...

Postby anniv 63 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Personally, I have not needed to change the alloy block on the Point Classic Trem,
and on a Club Marquee made in 2000.
What made it more efficient was shortening the trem arm and getting the springs set up
to make the bridge flat and the trem block just protruding out about 5 mm all round.
With that adjustment for 11-48 strings, there is fairly good trem dip.
Certainly before adjustment it was a stiff b-g--r!!!
The arm pushes in well and pivots and holds position and no thread wobble either.
Not sure however if later steel blocks are interchangeable, someone else may know
more on upgrades?

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Re: Burns marquee club...

Postby Ian Miller » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:20 pm

This issue came up very recently on this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/164144953649540/

I had serious tuning problems on my Marquee and ws able to obtain a free replacement block from the US...... If you scroll back on this group you should be able to find out how to resolve the problem. It seems that the Gentleman (I think his name is Charles) in the US will still replace the block with no issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards

IAN
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Return to Burns