Burns Vibraslim

For any discussion specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns Vibraslim

Postby balston11 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:52 pm

I have had an Email from an owner asking for help. Text below I have asked for some pictures to make things clearer can we give him as much info as possible. I have told him what I know which is that it was made in 1964 and 65 only and explained the different bridges.

I am the owner of a Burns London Vibraslim with serial number 9612. I assume this is made pre 1965 since the serial is four digits and due to the “made in England” mark on it.

This was passed on from my father and means a lot to me. Unfortunately when he last put it in the case, he apparently took the strings off, and the whole bridge came off (it seems to have been stuck on there with double sided tape cause there is tape pieces stuck on the guitar). However, I have the mounting part, but the bridge top part where the strings rest on is gone.

Furthermore the pick up cover which is a wooden base that sits around the pick up and a plastic top cover with holes for the 6 screws are also missing.

I was hoping that you could help me get original parts either used or new.

Also I am curious as to the history of the guitar and if it has any value to it. The condition of the guitar is not the best. There are cracks in the clearcoat, binding needs work on the body, and there even seems to be a crack in the wood on the body side.
Bill
see my guitar website www.alston-family.co.uk
balston11

Full Real Name: William Alston

Re: Burns Vibraslim

Postby JimN » Fri May 12, 2017 4:54 pm

You need to speak to Bill Lovegrove.

If he can't help, no-one can.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to Burns