Burns Limited Edition Shadows on Ebay

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Burns Limited Edition Shadows on Ebay

Postby Hank2k » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 pm

very nice guitarm i purchased one of these off ebay for a similiar price and im blown away by it. Well done
Hank2k

Postby dave.creasey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:47 pm

Is it far better than a Stratocaster then our Pete ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dave.creasey

Postby petercreasey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Well it arrived yesterday so I have been busy getting it sorted out and trying to get used to it. It is in generally good condition a couple of small dings on the body but nothing too serious and I suppose no worse than you can expect for a guitar of 4 years old.
I have changed the ( original) strings to a set of 11-49 Elixirs, reset the action and trem and its plays like a dream I am well impressed with the Sperzel locking machines when I unpacked the guitar it was in tune! either the machines work well or UPS are extremely careful!
It is a pleasure to get back to the Rez o tube trem, once set up I find it very smooth. The addition of the treble roll off on the bridge pick up is a great improvement and takes the harshness off.
The great Burns sound ( top boost amp and neck pick up) is there in spades and it does a decent attempt at the early sounds ( thanks to the treble roll off) so a great all round Shad's guitar.

No our Dave I'm not going to say that it is better than a Stratocaster That would be trying to compare apples and bananas I can say that it is a joy to play, not as heavy as I remember my Marvin was and very well balanced, very well made and supported by great extras, I was surprised to see that the strap is even numbered to match the guitar!
Right that's enough, back to playing number 468!! :D
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby Bill Bowley » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Peter,

Even though I still don't like red Marvins, this is a good looking guitar that you now have! (jealous smirks as appropriate!)( ;)
Bill Bowley

Previous

Return to Burns