Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

New Burns SSJ Demo

Postby Billyboygretsch » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:08 am

Billyboygretsch

Full Real Name: Bill Lovegrove

Re: New Burns SSJ Demo

Postby RUSSET » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am

Hi Bill,
This demo from Dave Simpson isn't new. He did it way back in 2018, after Burns sent him one of the reissue SSJs to demonstrate to the public. I guess the fact that Dave has lots & lots of followers online, & demonstrates lots of high skills makes him a good guy to use for publicity. Whether you like his style & material or not, he certainly is a very exceptional guitarist. Many manufacturers have sent him free guitars & other products knowing the level of publicity it will give, including
Revelation, Rob Chapman & Oswald guitars etc.

Regards, Tony.
RUSSET

Postby dave robinson » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:31 am

I bought a new red burst Burns Jazz SSJ from Bill Lovgrove and after a minor set up and a few sharp frets sorted it plays and sounds great, in fact I prefer it to my Marvin.
The sound is top drawer and perfect for Shadows stuff, as well as a lot more. I couldn't believe the sustain I got for Parisienne Walkways, I thought it was a Les Paul.
At £249 these are an absolute bargain and at the price you can't go wrong. Recommended ! :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby anniv 63 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Yes the Dave Simpson demo on You Tube is quite interesting as a starting point of
interest.
Hopefully Guitar Guitar will be stocking these shortly to try and possibly buy indeed
if £249 is the price tag!!!

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby Billyboygretsch » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 am

I don’t think there are many about and nothing being made by new Burns owners until 2021 and what it is we don’t know.. if your struggling to find one in U.K. Spens Guitars in Denmark ship to U.K.
https://www.spensguitarsdenmark.dk/webs ... n-guitars/
The Tri Sonics manufactured by Alan Entwistle are real top notch will real attention to detail
Billyboygretsch

Full Real Name: Bill Lovegrove

Postby anniv 63 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Well I have just received a Greenburst at £279 with a free delivery.
Extremely good value indeed and played straight out of the box on the factory set up.
Excellent playability, comfortable neck and versatile sounds to suit a bit of Shadows Ventures
Bert Weedon etc
Only minor niggle, was expecting a push in trem arm as the Marquee model, unfortunately
it has a bit of wiggle wobble on thescrew in thread from day1 . Never mind a bit of plumbers tape
does the trick at least meantime.
Andertons/ Guitar Guitar have a few in stock in varying colours, hurry while stocks last as they say!!!

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby Gatwick1946 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:21 am

Oooooooo - I prefer Andertons, cos one can park outside - might have a look this week.

Do I need another guitar? no no no!!!

But, but, - I can be so easily tempted!!!!!

Kindest regards,
Christopher
Gatwick1946

Full Real Name: Christopher Richard Hill

Return to Burns