burns marquee

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: burns marquee

Postby MikeAB » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:21 pm

I'm very happy with my Fiesta Red Marquee purchase.

I needed to renew my interest a bit after a couple of years where other issues had stopped me playing - and it has done that perfectly. So much so that, rather extravagantly, a new black one now resides alongside it.

I was concerned as an earlier foray into Marquee-land some years ago had not been successful, with an albeit beautiful looking example proving almost unplayable with no decent tone or tuning. No such problems here as both guitars seem fine with a great tone. In fact I've had to restring and clean my Strat to maintain the 'competition', although for reasons I'm not expert enough to work out the good old Strat still feels like the Rolls Royce it is.

In short if you are thinking of getting the Marquee (only 1 red one left I think) - act fast. For the sale price it is unbeatable.

(And thanks to Chris for mentioning about the sale)

Mike
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby MikeAB » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:08 pm

The last Fiesta Red has gone!
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby chris mcbain » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:11 pm

Hello Shads Friends,

One thing I forgot to mention on my last post was that I find the Marquee easier to mute the strings on the bridge, due to the volume/tone controls
being lower down on the body, with my Fender I tend to find the Volume control just restricts the side of my hand and can't seem to mute the high E string
correctly it's either muted dead or not at all. Just a bedroom player so no big deal if I get it right or wrong really with either guitar but nice when I do.

Chris.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Previous

Return to Burns