burns marquee

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

burns marquee

Postby chris mcbain » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:56 am

Hello Shads friends ,
Most of you will be aware that there's a new Burns launch due in 2022/3 so we are lead to believe and Andertones Music Store UK ,have something to do with the new
ownership, well back in November they posted a You tube Clip on the some of the Burns out going Models and all selling at £ 499.
They have now reduced these to £ 299 so what seemed a bargain price to me I have just ordered a fiesta Red with gold hardware due to arrive this coming week,
as i am left handed and play left handed stocks with any manufacture are very limited for us lefties so couldn't miss this chance to buy one, not quite a Fender with the gold
hardware but for me and other lefties a good alternative at a sensible price. Also a few right handed going at the at same price, not many left of of each.
This will be my first Burns hope it's as good as my Fenders.

chris.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Re: burns marquee

Postby djnevster » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:49 pm

Hi Chris
Thanks very much for the heads up, just ordered a Black one with the maple neck.
Neville
djnevster

Full Real Name: Neville Worthington

Postby alewis41 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:57 pm

djnevster wrote:Hi Chris
Thanks very much for the heads up, just ordered a Black one with the maple neck.
Neville

I was just thinking that black one looks nice!

Andrew
alewis41

Full Real Name: Andrew Lewis

Postby chris mcbain » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:43 pm

Hi Neville,
The Black Burns with maple neck and gold hardware looks stunning very classy and an expensive guitar
but as stated in the first thread us lefties don't get the same choice, but happy with the Fiesta red which arrives tomorrow.

Chris
chris mcbain

Postby anniv 63 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Yes an excellent price at £299 which was the UK rrp back in 2000 when the
Marquee was first available.
Main problem on the original was the stiff tremelo unit but once sorted with a good set up and adjustment
it played and sounded fine
Always liked the look and spec of the Drifter model and some You Tube demos show it on a good light- maybe
at around the £1100 price tag just a bit too much at the time?

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby chris mcbain » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:21 pm

Hello Shads Friends,
Well my Burns Marquee turned up today and have to say it is Fantastic i can't believe the quality of the finish and played straight out of the box although
a little flat ,now tuned and plays beautiful, i have two Fenders one a MIM the other a MIJ and it's certainly as good quality and sound wise as those
and the MIJ was just short of a £1000 . If anyone is thinking of getting one of these out going models don't hang about they are a bargain.

Will keep you up dated as the days go on.

chris
chris mcbain

Postby MikeAB » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:29 pm

I have just succumbed as well but I cannot reach the strings with the trem in the palm of my hand!

Seems a very nice guitar apart from the fact I cannot play it (only a bedroom player)- and I haven't got small hands either.

I don't want to take a spring out and I don't think that would help much if I did.

Only option seems to be to bend the arm - but that's a worry as the gold might come off etc and the guarantee is nullified.

Urgent advice please in case I have to decide to return it!

Mike
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby chris mcbain » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:48 pm

Hi Mike,
Mine is a bit of a reach as well but as the guitar only arrived to day not really thought much about it, on my MIJ strat i had to bend the trem arm a little
just wrapped in a cloth and used a pair of pliers but that was a chrome one so no damage, why not try a trem of another guitar if they are the same thread
and check if it goes into the block any further, suppose there will be a chance the gold plate might crack but there cheap enough to replace so worth a
try if you like the guitar.

Chris
chris mcbain

Postby MikeAB » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:56 pm

I tried my (chrome) Strat bar and it is very loose indeed but properly set up with tape would be ok i think - but would prefer to purchase a gold one.
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby chris mcbain » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi Mike,
Just had a look at mine and the right angle end with the thread on is about 15mm longer that my other strats so maybe you could cut off some thread
or re thread it then cut off to the length that's right for you to bring it closer to the strings.

Chris.
chris mcbain

Next

Return to Burns